• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Equal Opportunity and Stupidity of Treatment - Restaurant kicks out gun-toting cops

Gil223

USA Today headline reads:
Restaurant kicks out gun-toting cops
At least the manager's action was non-discriminatory - even if it wasn't IAW Denny's corporate policy! See the complete video story - [video]http://www.usatoday.com/media/cinematic/video/1807685/[/video] :lol: Pax...

EMNofSeattle

some things I can think of

1) why should the department restrict the ability of officers to go to the Dennys while on duty? I mean if an officer is on lunch time and wants to try to spend his paycheck there that shouldn't be an issue. the Chief is just being an ass, the decision to boycott dennys should be made the individual officers not the chief. WAY inappropriate IMO

2) man, if the Smith and Wesson 5609 is sooooo scary and terrifying.... I want one... :cool:

3) maybe it's better open carry isnt legal in IL, if they got hoplophobes THAT unreasonable....

Gil223

some things I can think of

1) why should the department restrict the ability of officers to go to the Dennys while on duty? I mean if an officer is on lunch time and wants to try to spend his paycheck there that shouldn't be an issue. the Chief is just being an ass, the decision to boycott dennys should be made the individual officers not the chief. WAY inappropriate IMO

2) man, if the Smith and Wesson 5609 is sooooo scary and terrifying.... I want one... :cool:

3) maybe it's better open carry isnt legal in IL, if they got hoplophobes THAT unreasonable....

1) Why should the department not restrict their officers from eating somewhere that the "management" frustrated the officers to the point that they just left and ate elsewhere? I think the chances are excellent that this moratorium on Denny's will be short-lived, and that the Chief (it was a Captain being interviewed) is most likely (I am not a mind reader) trying to teach a Denny's manager an object lesson in the 'manners of the hospitality industry' ("If you don't want our armed officers in your eating establishment, we can fix that!"). A bit childish? Yes. Effective? Who knows? The manager that caused the ruckus probably got a reprimand from Corporate. (Once upon a time, Denny's was a prime target for armed robberies - at least out here in the West. Corporate HQ probably remembers those days.)

2) Sign me up for one also. :D

3) You may be right about that... or, they need a law allowing OC by LACs. (LEO's don't need such a law since they are authorized to carry by the state, and [probably] required by their department to be armed when on duty) Pax...

Last edited: