• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mr. Security Agent (thought provoking)

Firearms Iinstuctor

Dear Mr. Security Agent,

Federal, state, or local. You, the man or woman with the badge, the sworn LEO or FLEA and those who inhabit the many law enforcement niches in between and on all sides. This essay is directed to you, because in the end, how this turmoil about gun control turns out will depend largely upon your decisions and actions over the coming months and years.

I sincerely wish that members of Congress—who may soon be voting on new gun control measures—would read this essay, but I realize that’s a pipe dream, considering the impenetrable bubbles around those exalted entities. So I’ll settle for you, Mr. (or Ms.) Security Agent, since you already gobble up everything on the internet, and I don’t have to seek you out.

A decade ago I wrote the novel Enemies Foreign and Domestic, a tale about how tragic events involving the misuse of firearms can be used by an evil administration to misinform and mold public opinion to support its malign anti-freedom policies.

Excerpt ... Read more at EnemiesForeignAndDomestic.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

sharkey

LibertyDeath

Holy crap, too much to read. This is just like the silly Infowars stuff. Too much "stuff" thrown out that it is all jumbled into a mindless blabber that just gets ignored. It is not thought provoking, it is migraine inducing.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

Holy crap, too much to read. This is just like the silly Infowars stuff. Too much "stuff" thrown out that it is all jumbled into a mindless blabber that just gets ignored. It is not thought provoking, it is migraine inducing.

I guess if one is only use to reading a paragraph or two for their infomation a few pages might seem migraine inducing.

sharkey

The author has given permisson to post the article any where, any place, any body wants.

Then I apologize, but please cite that.

ETA. The most I see is "For widespread distribution".

That is not the same as no copyright and if he wishes that he should license it as copyleft, creative commons, public domain or similar.

Without that (unless you are the copyright owner) the article should be summarized with a link to his page.

(11) RESPECT COPYRIGHT HOLDERS: We often share news stories with one another. Please remember that these stories are copyrighted material and only post a fair-use excerpt along with a link where the rest of the story may be read.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

Then I apologize, but please cite that.

ETA. The most I see is "For widespread distribution".

That is not the same as no copyright and if he wishes that he should license it as copyleft, creative commons, public domain or similar.

Without that (unless you are the copyright owner) the article should be summarized with a link to his page.

(11) RESPECT COPYRIGHT HOLDERS: We often share news stories with one another. Please remember that these stories are copyrighted material and only post a fair-use excerpt along with a link where the rest of the story may be read.

Hers the link to the original Frist post is by the author giving permission.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/bloggers/2975695/posts

sharkey

Thank you, that sentence is very clear, except I had to verify the comment poster to the original author.

If this was my site I would not have taken the time to verify my liability or lack thereof. The good new is this site is DMCA registered. Phew.

http://www.freerepublic.com/~travismcgee/

Travis McGee is the internet name of Matthew Bracken, author of four novels about contemporary threats to American freedom and liberty. Matt was born in Baltimore in 1957, and graduated from UVA and UDT/SEAL training in 1979.

Feel free to repost any of this anywhere at any time, in part or in whole.

1 posted on Mon 07 Jan 2013 07:54:40 AM MST by Travis McGee