• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Good citizenship' award given for chiding MOC members at Grand Rapids City Comm Meet

TheQ

If he was intimidated by the MWAG, then he would not have confronted them to begin with. It is in general, a bad idea to pick a fight with an armed man, especially concerning his passion issues. The fact that nothing happened to him is proof that his beliefs and concerns are inaccurate, misguided, and unfounded.

Stop saying things I have to agree with, Neil.

I see you are back to"helping the cause" as you posted the same comment on the Mlive website under Neil.

TheQ

While stainless's point is off putting in terms of what we teach people to live by as OCers, he does have a point in the sense that the sort of person who aggressively postures against someone with firearms will have a strong tendency to be impulsive and in fact dangerous in a conflict situation. In fact, much of this revolves around their own insecurities in many cases, because they know they lack impulse control, and for one reason or another wish to project that on everyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Evil Creamsicle

Yep, so please let the mods/admins decide and leave my thread alone.

Sharkey, thanks for sticking around. I generally appreciate when people from out of state take the time to care about what we're doing.