Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Richmond Gun Show -- Saturday -- 1/19/13

Richmond Gun Show -- Saturday -- 1/19/13

Anyone plan a breakfast before the show Saturday morning yet? Preferably a place that allows OC
    I plan on heading down to the show early Saturday. Is it safe to be that south of Ashland?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

watch the Virginia sub forum on Thursday or Friday evening and there is usually something posted. Venue is usually River City Diner (exit 83B on I-95) at 9.30am, but sometimes (last Saturday for instance) they choose to visit the Golden Corrall. Grapeshot or skidmark usually announce the breakfast location nearer the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    watch the Virginia sub forum on Thursday or Friday evening and there is usually something posted. Venue is usually River City Diner (exit 83B on I-95) at 9.30am, but sometimes (last Saturday for instance) they choose to visit the Golden Corrall. Grapeshot or skidmark usually announce the breakfast location nearer the weekend
    Good to go scouser. Thanks. At any rate, I'll show up most likely at the River City Joint a bit early. Never been there, although have heard good reviews.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Greater Richmond OC Breakfast.

Thanks to you, we will be holding it at River City Diner - not that amnybody but Grapeshot might object. You will meet Courtney and, if lucky, Logan will wave Hello and/or Goodbye to you. In between, you will probably enjoy dood conversation along with the food.

We start at about 9:30 AM. There is no need to rush to get to the show to be first in line - everything is going to be priced out of reach, and if you are selling the longer you wait the higher the offers get. (Hint: Stay away from a grouchy old fella toting an AR pistiol marked as being for sale. The asking price went up $500 during dinner last night, and none of the offers were serious. Who knows what he thinks he can get by Saturday.)

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

Thanks to you, we will be holding it at River City Diner - not that amnybody but Grapeshot might object. You will meet Courtney and, if lucky, Logan will wave Hello and/or Goodbye to you. In between, you will probably enjoy dood conversation along with the food.

We start at about 9:30 AM. There is no need to rush to get to the show to be first in line - everything is going to be priced out of reach, and if you are selling the longer you wait the higher the offers get. (Hint: Stay away from a grouchy old fella toting an AR pistiol marked as being for sale. The asking price went up $500 during dinner last night, and none of the offers were serious. Who knows what he thinks he can get by Saturday.)

stay safe.
    Panic is our friend!

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Panic is our friend!
    Not helping the rest of us. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Numenor View Post
    Not helping the rest of us. >_<
    Old Chinese Proverb:

Root Hog... or be Ham!

stay safe.
    Great! 0930 works.

Have 2 Ar's already, building another upper. Just going to hunt down a few parts/tools if those survived the ridiculous mark ups, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by stickslinger View Post
    Great! 0930 works.

Have 2 Ar's already, building another upper. Just going to hunt down a few parts/tools if those survived the ridiculous mark ups, etc.
    If the panic holds, I'll have a new shotgun on Sunday.

We were flipping Obamas again and I found another AR to sell, which I did and made enough to buy a Stoeger 3500 and an Encore barrel (204).

So I OCed to Greentops and got them! No issues.

stay safe.

AR pistol eh? I'll wait till they come out with a OC'able version of this:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/...he-real-world/

Old Chinese Proverb:

Root Hog... or be Ham!
    =P

Anyways, I'll be at the show on Sunday if anyone else is going.

Richmond Gun Show -- Saturday --

Will they have pistols for sale at the gun show? I've never been to one, but I'm thinking of picking up a .38 for myself if I can find one
    ...To make my bullets go faster!

Quote Originally Posted by Esanders2008 View Post
    Will they have pistols for sale at the gun show? I've never been to one, but I'm thinking of picking up a .38 for myself if I can find one
    Anything from a .25cal Derringer up to a MG-42 can be found there. =)

Of course, the MG-42 will set you back something like $20,000. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Numenor View Post
    Anything from a .25cal Derringer up to a MG-42 can be found there. =)

Of course, the MG-42 will set you back something like $20,000. =(
    Is it like buying from a dealer? Or is it similar to doing a same-state face-to-face sale? The only reason I ask is because last time I bought from a dealer, I had to wait three days for my background check to come back. Apparently having a security clearance flagged me (as far as I can tell from internet research.)

Is it like buying from a dealer? Or is it similar to doing a same-state face-to-face sale? The only reason I ask is because last time I bought from a dealer, I had to wait three days for my background check to come back. Apparently having a security clearance flagged me (as far as I can tell from internet research.)
    Both private sellers and dealers will be there. The background check is the same for a dealer and there is none from a private seller.

Both private sellers and dealers will be there. The background check is the same for a dealer and there is none from a private seller.
    Thank you very much! Do you know if the prices are going to be dramatically inflated? Or will I be able to catch a deal?

Thank you very much! Do you know if the prices are going to be dramatically inflated? Or will I be able to catch a deal?
    They will on evil black guns, evil black gun ammo, Black Shirts, gas masks, GI Joe stuff and Ninja equipment

My guess is it may be lower on Revolvers, hunting equipment and sane items.

Primers and powder will be in short supply.

Be prepared for some very colorful people and Blackshirts will everywhere.

They will on evil black guns, evil black gun ammo, Black Shirts, gas masks, GI Joe stuff and Ninja equipment

My guess is it may be lower on Revolvers, hunting equipment and sane items.

Primers and powder will be in short supply.

Be prepared for some very colorful people and Blackshirts will everywhere.
    Blackshirts?

Blackshirts?
    A Blackshirt is someone that looks like he is the manager of a shoe department.
    Usually wears heavy black plastic framed glasses.
    Wears a Black Shirt with a catchy phrase like Death Striker on it.
    Usually has a 2 meter radio on his belt
    Talks in Military Acronyms while standing at ease
    Knows Carlos Hathcock's life history.

A Blackshirt is someone that looks like he is the manager of a shoe department.
    Usually wears heavy black plastic framed glasses.
    Wears a Black Shirt with a catchy phrase like Death Striker on it.
    Usually has a 2 meter radio on his belt
    Talks in Military Acronyms while standing at ease
    Knows Carlos Hathcock's life history.
    So Mr. TactiCool?

I thought you were kidding!!!

Turns out you really never have been to a gun show.

In spite of the panic-induced high prices and shortage of just about anything that "looks scary", this is a great time to attend your first show. And The Showplace is a great location. There is no picture-taking allowed (without prior permission) but you can bring pen and paper to take notes with. List all the folks you see that make The People of Wal-Mart look rspectable. (Listing Peter Nap loses you 10 points.) Have contests to see who can come closest to guessing how short that skirt is, how low those drawers droop, how many tacticool accessories that person has attached to themself/their shoot-me-first vest, how many felonies that person has probably committed, and of course keeping an eye out to see who wins a set of new stainless steel bracelets and try to guess why. Either bring your own drinks/food or pay the inflated prices at the concession stand. Just remember that anything you want to pick up has already been picked up by someone/something else, so hand sanitizer if you are squeamish. (Most of us just take our chances.) Stop by the VCDL table and schmooze a while.

If you do see a screaming, must-have deal but anticipate a delay of more than a few hours, negotiate to have the item shipped to your FFL - the cost of which might remove it from the "screaming must-have deal" status. Or look at the delay as an excuse for a drive in the country to go pick up your new toy. (I know, you are a poor collee student and can't afford to be galivanting all over the place.)

Not all the face-to-face deals are done with the folks walking around with "for sale" signs. There are usually a few tables that are not dealers. If you are interested in Colt wheelguns there should be a few non-dealers who have gotten together to get a table.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Richmond Gun Show -- Saturday --

Alright! Sounds like fun. I asked my little brother if he wants to come, so hopefully he will be with me. As far as the VCDL table, will I be able to sign up there? I feel guilty having not done so yet, but funds were tight last year.

Alright! Sounds like fun. I asked my little brother if he wants to come, so hopefully he will be with me. As far as the VCDL table, will I be able to sign up there? I feel guilty having not done so yet, but funds were tight last year.
    More stuff for the show.

Today....two new in the box CMMG Uppers. One with a stainles bull barrel and one with a standard barrel.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Esanders, I hope you can make the breakfast too. I'm going to try to get my family out the door in time to make it. Turns out we're doing Richmond on Saturday and then Dale City on Sunday, just to show support for the firearms community.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast