• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond Gun Show -- Saturday -- 1/19/13

stickslinger

Anyone plan a breakfast before the show Saturday morning yet? Preferably a place that allows OC :)
I plan on heading down to the show early Saturday. Is it safe to be that south of Ashland?

:uhoh:

scouser

watch the Virginia sub forum on Thursday or Friday evening and there is usually something posted. Venue is usually River City Diner (exit 83B on I-95) at 9.30am, but sometimes (last Saturday for instance) they choose to visit the Golden Corrall. Grapeshot or skidmark usually announce the breakfast location nearer the weekend

stickslinger

watch the Virginia sub forum on Thursday or Friday evening and there is usually something posted. Venue is usually River City Diner (exit 83B on I-95) at 9.30am, but sometimes (last Saturday for instance) they choose to visit the Golden Corrall. Grapeshot or skidmark usually announce the breakfast location nearer the weekend

Good to go scouser. Thanks. At any rate, I'll show up most likely at the River City Joint a bit early. Never been there, although have heard good reviews.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to the Greater Richmond OC Breakfast.

Thanks to you, we will be holding it at River City Diner - not that amnybody but Grapeshot might object.:eek::D You will meet Courtney and, if lucky, Logan will wave Hello and/or Goodbye to you. In between, you will probably enjoy dood conversation along with the food.

We start at about 9:30 AM. There is no need to rush to get to the show to be first in line - everything is going to be priced out of reach, and if you are selling the longer you wait the higher the offers get. (Hint: Stay away from a grouchy old fella toting an AR pistiol marked as being for sale. The asking price went up $500 during dinner last night, and none of the offers were serious. Who knows what he thinks he can get by Saturday.)

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Thanks to you, we will be holding it at River City Diner - not that amnybody but Grapeshot might object.:eek::D You will meet Courtney and, if lucky, Logan will wave Hello and/or Goodbye to you. In between, you will probably enjoy dood conversation along with the food.

We start at about 9:30 AM. There is no need to rush to get to the show to be first in line - everything is going to be priced out of reach, and if you are selling the longer you wait the higher the offers get. (Hint: Stay away from a grouchy old fella toting an AR pistiol marked as being for sale. The asking price went up $500 during dinner last night, and none of the offers were serious. Who knows what he thinks he can get by Saturday.)

stay safe.

Panic is our friend!:uhoh:

stickslinger

stay safe.

Great! 0930 works.

Have 2 Ar's already, building another upper. Just going to hunt down a few parts/tools if those survived the ridiculous mark ups, etc.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
We were flipping Obamas again and I found another AR to sell, which I did and made enough to buy a Stoeger 3500 and an Encore barrel (204).

So I OCed to Greentops and got them! No issues.

stickslinger

stay safe.

AR pistol eh? I'll wait till they come out with a OC'able version of this:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/01/17000-linux-powered-rifle-brings-auto-aim-to-the-real-world/

Esanders2008

Richmond Gun Show -- Saturday --

Will they have pistols for sale at the gun show? I've never been to one, but I'm thinking of picking up a .38 for myself if I can find one

Numenor

Will they have pistols for sale at the gun show? I've never been to one, but I'm thinking of picking up a .38 for myself if I can find one

Anything from a .25cal Derringer up to a MG-42 can be found there. =)

Of course, the MG-42 will set you back something like $20,000. =(

Esanders2008

Anything from a .25cal Derringer up to a MG-42 can be found there. =)

Of course, the MG-42 will set you back something like $20,000. =(

Is it like buying from a dealer? Or is it similar to doing a same-state face-to-face sale? The only reason I ask is because last time I bought from a dealer, I had to wait three days for my background check to come back. Apparently having a security clearance flagged me (as far as I can tell from internet research.)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Is it like buying from a dealer? Or is it similar to doing a same-state face-to-face sale? The only reason I ask is because last time I bought from a dealer, I had to wait three days for my background check to come back. Apparently having a security clearance flagged me (as far as I can tell from internet research.)

Both private sellers and dealers will be there. The background check is the same for a dealer and there is none from a private seller.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Thank you very much! Do you know if the prices are going to be dramatically inflated? Or will I be able to catch a deal?

They will on evil black guns, evil black gun ammo, Black Shirts, gas masks, GI Joe stuff and Ninja equipment:lol:

My guess is it may be lower on Revolvers, hunting equipment and sane items.

Primers and powder will be in short supply.

Be prepared for some very colorful people and Blackshirts will everywhere.:uhoh:

Esanders2008

They will on evil black guns, evil black gun ammo, Black Shirts, gas masks, GI Joe stuff and Ninja equipment:lol:

My guess is it may be lower on Revolvers, hunting equipment and sane items.

Primers and powder will be in short supply.

Be prepared for some very colorful people and Blackshirts will everywhere.:uhoh:

Blackshirts?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Blackshirts?

A Blackshirt is someone that looks like he is the manager of a shoe department.
Usually wears heavy black plastic framed glasses.
Wears a Black Shirt with a catchy phrase like Death Striker on it.
Usually has a 2 meter radio on his belt
Talks in Military Acronyms while standing at ease
Knows Carlos Hathcock's life history.