• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question on Open Carry in Park that falls under D. of Forestry

NEOOpenCarry

Hi guys. I received this question on my facebook page and am not familiar with the laws behind it. Could someone please help me out or point me in the right direction?

"Question, I know you can open in Beaver Creek State Park, but the area of Grimms Bridge falls under Division of Forestry. You can hunt and fish that area but could I open carry there while I was fishing? I love the area but the area has been known for crime in the past (mostly in the state park though) is it legal to open carry there?"

RT48

All state parks are legal for carry. It doesn't matter which state department manages the park. However, any part of a park under the jurisdiction of the Army Corps of Engineers would be off-limits.

JSlack7851

All state parks are legal for carry. It doesn't matter which state department manages the park. However, any part of a park under the jurisdiction of the Army Corps of Engineers would be off-limits.

County parks, city parks are all legal. We had signs removed in Lorain County Metro after our second OC picnic. Carry on and only carry your fishing license.