• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Been OCing in Naples for almost a month, zero problems

Jake8x7

Activist Member
Hey guys, I just wanted to post to update people in my area. I go to University out of the area so I only get to fish in Naples on vacations. So this winter break I've been Open Carrying my Kel-tec .380 (please don't make fun of me, I can only afford one) but with an extended 9+1 magazine. Went to the pier/walked downtown 3-4 times a week for the past month with no problems/complaints whatsoever. That's good news, but what's even better is I got one of my buddies into personal firearms (after all the media attention and problems he had with someone stealing his dog & car in Cleveland, OH.) Got him a like-new light weight J-Frame .38spl from taurus in black for just $300 off florida gun trader. So he open carries with me when we go to the pier, and at 20 years old we've never been happier being able to express ourselves and what kind of morality and order we want in the world. So don't be afraid to say hello in Naples; the old folks are too focused on the Happy Hour at St. George & the Dragon to care :) cheers

Last edited:

ADulay

Hey guys, I just wanted to post to update people in my area. I go to University out of the area so I only get to fish in Naples on vacations. So this winter break I've been Open Carrying my Kel-tec .380 (please don't make fun of me, I can only afford one) but with an extended 9+1 magazine. Went to the pier/walked downtown 3-4 times a week for the past month with no problems/complaints whatsoever. That's good news, but what's even better is I got one of my buddies into personal firearms (after all the media attention and problems he had with someone stealing his dog & car in Cleveland, OH.) Got him a like-new light weight J-Frame .38spl from taurus in black for just $300 off florida gun trader. So he open carries with me when we go to the pier, and at 20 years old we've never been happier being able to express ourselves and what kind of morality and order we want in the world. So don't be afraid to say hello in Naples; the old folks are too focused on the Happy Hour at St. George & the Dragon to care :) cheers

Well done, guys!

Welcome to open carry in Florida.

Was out doing the open carry fishing thing today myself.

AD