Thread: Change in carry weapon since 11-1-12

Change in carry weapon since 11-1-12

I am curious about how many people changed their carry gun after our law changed. I changed from a kel-tec PF9 to a XD-9 and then again to an XDS. I wouldn't carry the XD before due to concerns over printing. So how many of you switched to a larger framed carry gun now that we can OC?

I went from an M&P 9 to a M&P 9 shield so I downsized, the shield is an awesome weapon, and I just got a diamondback DB 9,fits nicely in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhostetter View Post
    I am curious about how many people changed their carry gun after our law changed. I changed from a kel-tec PF9 to a XD-9 and then again to an XDS. I wouldn't carry the XD before due to concerns over printing. So how many of you switched to a larger framed carry gun now that we can OC?
    Copied from facebook page: Well when I started my career I bought a glock 22 and that was about 1996. I carried it through 2 states and protected and served many people with it. My beloved wife held my glock. She passed away in a horrible traffic accident in 2001 so every time I work I remember she had handled my firearm and so it will always be my firearm of choice. It has more senitimental value then alot of things I own. So I have always carried it for 17 years both on duty and off duty. Open carried it and concealed carried it. Its fired over 20,000 rounds through it estimated and never once has it jammed. Never once has it broke and even with the one time I had a squib load I chisled the round out and it still fires as reliable as 17 years ago. ~ Kirby

I changed

From a Springfield XD45 to a Sig Sauer 1911 and i now carry three mags to compensate for the lesser mag capacity

Me 2

I changed from a Makarov 9x18 concealed carry to a Taurus PT145 3rd generation open carry. I still carry the Mak concealed as a backup. I have a Charter Arms 38 cal snubbie that can be carried in my boot. Better to have and not need then to need and not have.

Went from carrying just my .380 CC to .45acp OC AND .380 CC (backup).

I love the choices in carry weapon now. I own a FN 5.7 and before I would never even think about carrying that monster. Now that the law is in effect, carry away. I still dont carry it too much but at least I know I can if I want. Before 11-01 I always carried my glock 27. Hints the name. lol. I have always liked the simplicity of a glock. Point and shoot. No buttons, hammers, etc to turn on or flip over. Now I can choose from a variety of guns. I recieved a officers size 1911 for christmas and have been partial to it because it is a very good looking gun. OCing has also allowed us to see what other people carry. I love to talk guns so whenever I see a fellow OCer ( only one so far ) it gives me the chance to spark up a conversation. The fact that now we can carry any handgun we want is awsome. I know oneday I will see someone carrying a 500 mag. lol

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by glock27OKC View Post
    I love the choices in carry weapon now. I own a FN 5.7 and before I would never even think about carrying that monster. Now that the law is in effect, carry away. I still dont carry it too much but at least I know I can if I want. Before 11-01 I always carried my glock 27. Hints the name. lol. I have always liked the simplicity of a glock. Point and shoot. No buttons, hammers, etc to turn on or flip over. Now I can choose from a variety of guns. I recieved a officers size 1911 for christmas and have been partial to it because it is a very good looking gun. OCing has also allowed us to see what other people carry. I love to talk guns so whenever I see a fellow OCer ( only one so far ) it gives me the chance to spark up a conversation. The fact that now we can carry any handgun we want is awsome. I know oneday I will see someone carrying a 500 mag. lol
    Im sorry, But I just couldnt resist!

Last edited by 1245A Defender; 01-10-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Changes in Carry weapon

Quote Originally Posted by glock27OKC View Post
    No real changes, depends the activity I'm engaged in. My fave is still my SA full-size .45 If I'm moving around a lot I like a wheel gun, Rossi .38 that will shoot +P as well as a Colt Gov't model .380 with a +P capability. Everything modified heavily to handle more powerful ammunition.
    "Keep yerself covered"
    Frogman
    (the tongue sticking out looks like a map of OK)
    Last edited by Frogman; 01-10-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Change in carry weapon since 11-1-12

Carried a sig 238 concealed, but it just didn't look right on my hip.... Switched to the XD .40 but it was too fat... Settled in on the colt 1991 A1 compact .45 old beat up but dependable

I went from carrying my XDm40 IWB to...my XDm40 in an OWB holster.

Still carry the same old Glock 23, in the same old serpa. Now I don't always wear a jacket to cover it up.

I went from a cobra pocket pistol to my smith and Wesson 9mm sigma with an extra magazine.