• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster for my Taurus PT99

Trapper-Randy

Hello to eveyone!! I am new here and have been reading different threads and getting alot of good info!! I am looking fo some opinions about what might be a good holster for me to open carry and concealed carry my PT99. I was looking at a Fobus Roto Paddle holster and looking at the crossbreed holsters as well. The moore I look the more holsters I find.I have owned this gun for several years and always kept it in a cheap nylon holster but I want to start carrying it a lot more so I am open to all opinions! Thanks

T-R

MikeTheGreek

Hello to eveyone!! I am new here and have been reading different threads and getting alot of good info!! I am looking fo some opinions about what might be a good holster for me to open carry and concealed carry my PT99. I was looking at a Fobus Roto Paddle holster and looking at the crossbreed holsters as well. The moore I look the more holsters I find.I have owned this gun for several years and always kept it in a cheap nylon holster but I want to start carrying it a lot more so I am open to all opinions! Thanks

T-R

The PT99 fits in most of the Beretta holsters, so you literally have hundreds, and hundreds of different holsters you could buy. It depends whether you want leather, or something else. Blackhawk SERPA are great holsters. Most of their Beretta holsters should fit your PT99. They tend to be a bit larger, but the button retention is great.

I personally like my leather the best. If you look up the Bianchi 19 Thumbsnap Holster for PT99 in google, that's a great holster. It's only around 50 bucks, works great, and is very comfortable.

jeeper1

Just an FYI, the Serpa holsters for the Beretta 92 will not hold the Taurus 99.
The problem is the shape of the trigger guard.
The lower front portion of trigger guard is vertical on the Beretta and hooked on the Taurus. If you reshape the Taurus to match the Beretta it will work. I have both pistols and a Serpa holster for the Beretta and have been thinking about making that modification for a while but I am just too good at procrastinating.

MikeTheGreek

Just an FYI, the Serpa holsters for the Beretta 92 will not hold the Taurus 99.
The problem is the shape of the trigger guard.
The lower front portion of trigger guard is vertical on the Beretta and hooked on the Taurus. If you reshape the Taurus to match the Beretta it will work. I have both pistols and a Serpa holster for the Beretta and have been thinking about making that modification for a while but I am just too good at procrastinating.

I forgot the trigger guard
Issue. Sometimes with blackhawk you can fix that with a little modification and time.
Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2