• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OKOCA joins Guns Across America rally at State Capitol Jan 19

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
Hello, everyone. The BOD of OKOCA has decided to get behind the series of rallies at State Capitols all across the country. We are asking all of the members and supporters of Oklahoma Open Carry Association to join us at noon on Saturday, January 19th, at the Oklahoma State Capitol. Open carry, concealed, carry, no carry - all are welcome. Remember that the Capitol grounds are OK for handgun carry, but entering any structure at the Capitol complex while armed would be a crime.

This is from the event page: OKOCA will join other groups and individuals to participate in "Guns Across America". "Guns Across America" is going to take place Saturday, Jan. 19, 2013 at "high noon." This is going to be a peaceful picketing protest against ANY, AND ALL future gun control legislation. This is our chance to reach out to our elected officials, and tell them NO NEW GUN CONTROL! "Guns Across America" is being tailored to happen in every states capital city, at their capital building. The theory behind doing this event on a Saturday, is most gun owners work a typical Monday through Friday job. I'm hoping for a massive response by doing this on a weekend.

This is going to be a great success with your help. All you need to do is show up, and make your voice heard. Since Oklahoma has legalized Open Carry, and the Capitol grounds is legal (do NOT enter any structures), if you're legal to carry, we encourage it. However, please make sure we're all in compliance with state laws, as this event will be a reflection on all gun owners across America. All details and updates will occur on the page, "Gun Control = More Crime." I look forward to seeing this become a huge success, so please share this update.

Link to OKOCA event page
Link to "Gun control=more crime" facebook page

Discussion happening in this thread, as well as on the OKOCA Facebook page.

Ljon

Quotes for signs

I rounded up a few slogans and quotes for yall:exclaim:
I'll be getting some posterboard and making my own.
Any good suggestions for last minute signs and where to get them made?

Gun controll = More crime
If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
What part of \"shall not be infringed\" do you not understand?
Gun Control is not about guns; it's about control.
An armed society is a polite society.
Criminals love gun control -- it makes their jobs safer.

When they took the 4th Amendment, I was quiet because I didn't deal drugs.
When they took the 6th Amendment, I was quiet because I am innocent.
When they took the 2nd Amendment, I was quiet because I don't own a gun.
Now they have taken the 1st Amendment, and I can only be quiet.
– Lyle Myhr

Gun bans don't disarm criminals, gun bans attract them. – Walter Mondale
Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office.
To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.
"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson
An armed man is a citizen. A disarmed man is a subject."
Anon.
Homer Simpson: If I didn't have this gun, the King of England could just walk right in here and start pushing you around. You want that?