• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I couldn't make this up on my BEST day.

XDFDE45

[h=5]"Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan, a Democrat, asked the full Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit to review the decision, saying it was not consistent with recent decisions by other courts."[/h]
[h=5]OMG REALLY??? Did you NOT get the memo about the McDonald ruling from SCOTUS??? How brain dead are you Madigan??[/h]http://news.yahoo.com/illinois-asks-court-keep-banning-most-handguns-state-011903750.html

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
But she is absolutely correct.

I'm too lazy to go look up the citation, but the Circuit that covers New York just ruled that their "may issue" laws were perfectly fine and dandy, as (I seem to recall but with a lot less certainty) did the Ninth regarding California's system.

The conflict between Circuits is, IMHO, a good thing. It will not force SCOTUS to weigh in on the mastter, and SCOTUS is going to be bound by their decisions in Heller and McDonald. Remember, SCOTUS will either have to agree that the rigfht, although clearly extending to the home, also extends outside the home or it will have to do some fancy dancing to now refute both he implications and actual pronouncements of the Justices. Admittedly the question in Heller and McDonald only addressed keeping and bearing in the home, but the Justices went beyond the threshold when writing their opinions.

stay safe.