Thread: HB 5112 - Makes names and addresses of permit holders public

HB 5112 - Makes names and addresses of permit holders public

I guess Representative Dargan didn't get the messages of the numerous people who have been telling him to not do something so stupid:

http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/cgabillsta...hich_year=2013
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

I thought FOIA was never supposed to apply to personally identifiable information anyway... so how does that even make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshD422 View Post
    I thought FOIA was never supposed to apply to personally identifiable information anyway...
    Where did you get that impression?
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

I thought FOIA was never supposed to apply to personally identifiable information anyway... so how does that even make sense?
    Vernon PD had no problem releasing my personal identifiable information by releasing someone else's pistol permit application.
    Member:, NRA Patron Life, NSSF, CCDL, CT Carry, MRPC and Bell City
    NRA Certified Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer - Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety, Metallic Cartridge/Shotgun Shell Reloading - www.ctpistolpermit.com

Banned
    I'm in the process of obtaining all DESPP employees resumes, etc...so I can assure you that your thoughts are amiss for some reason.

Go check CGS Sec. 1-210 for exemptions if you desire...

Proposed Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    I guess Representative Dargan didn't get the messages of the numerous people who have been telling him to not do something so stupid:
    General Assembly

Proposed Bill No. 9999

January Session, 2013

LCO No. 12345

Referred to Committee on JUDICIARY

Introduced by:

We the People of Connecticut - ALL Districts

AN ACT CONCERNING THE FREEDOM OF THE PEOPLE

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:

That the general statutes be amended to require all members of the General Assembly to be regularly tested for the use of drugs and alcohol. All members shall be required to (1) submit to monthly drug screening to detect the use of illegal substances, (2) submit to a breathalyzer test immediately prior to submitting or voting upon any bill, and (3) submit to drug screening one day prior to the introduction of any bill.

Any member who fails to submit to the required screening or who tests positive for the presence of illegal substances or alcohol in their blood, breath, or urine shall immediately and permanently forfeit their right to hold a seat in the General Assembly and shall be charged with a Class A felony, punishable by 10 to 25 years in prison and no more than a $20,000 fine.

Statement of Purpose

To prevent elected officials from introducing and passing stupid laws that infringe upon the freedoms of the Citizens of Connecticut.

This is a common-sense safety bill. If it saves only one life, it will be worth it. Let's do it for the children.
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013

Banned
    Hi F-417 .... no one would be able to vote on this bill .... they are all on some type of drugs ...

+1 on the post....

Quote Originally Posted by Freiheit417 View Post

This is a common-sense safety bill. If it saves only one life, it will be worth it. Let's do it for the children.
    haha! I really like that last bit because it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Hi F-417 .... no one would be able to vote on this bill .... they are all on some type of drugs ...
    “But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what’s in it....”
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Freiheit417 View Post
    “But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what’s in it....”
    I'm still not finished reading the HC bill ... can't wait for the ending