Thread: SB 42 - Ammunition prohibitions

SB 42 - Ammunition prohibitions

Senator Looney lives up to his name by going forward with his ammunition bill:

http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/cgabillsta...hich_year=2013
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

I think I understand his reasoning. If a prohibited person cannot get a weapon, thats good. But he can get bullets, thats bad. He could hold the bullet in his left hand and keep hitting it on the back with a stick or something until it goes off........thats bad.

I had to stop a couple of times cause I could not type and keep a straight face.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I think I understand his reasoning. If a prohibited person cannot get a weapon, thats good. But he can get bullets, thats bad. He could hold the bullet in his left hand and keep hitting it on the back with a stick or something until it goes off........thats bad.
    And he of course ignores the Federal prohibition on prohibited people obtaining ammunition. Because after all, then the state couldn't exercise its granular control over ammunition and put ridiculous restrictions on it.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

What is possessing?
    Owning or just holding?

What if I let my kid shoot my gun?

What if you don't have a pistol permit are they going to ban you from owning pistol calibers then what is a pistol caliber?
    Last edited by customcreationllc; 01-10-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by customcreationllc View Post
    What if you don't have a pistol permit are they going to ban you from owning pistol calibers then what is a pistol caliber?
    this is a good point, politicians take notice: some rifles use handgun ammunition. which means if someone simply does not have their pistol permit, but own one of these rifles, they would not be legally able to purchase ammunition for the rifle they legally own. making a law requiring a pistol permit to buy handgun ammunition absolutely absurd

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxmann View Post
    this is a good point, politicians take notice: some rifles use handgun ammunition. which means if someone simply does not have their pistol permit, but own one of these rifles, they would not be legally able to purchase ammunition for the rifle they legally own. making a law requiring a pistol permit to buy handgun ammunition absolutely absurd
    Thinking, thinking ... I agree, and add. The purpose of the bill, depending on its text, may be considered to prevent a person who cannot own a handgun from possessing any ammo at all.

The bill may be to poorly written IMO ...

I would not want to be an 18yr old caught with ammo....another BS unneeded bill.

Didn't California try this limit the sale of handgun ammo and the NRA beat it in court.

The law would have to be if you cannot own any gun then you cannot own any ammo.
    But like I said what is possession just in hand.
    My son cannot own a firearm he is too young but I can take him shooting.
    Last edited by customcreationllc; 01-11-2013 at 08:25 AM.