• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 42 - Ammunition prohibitions

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I think I understand his reasoning. If a prohibited person cannot get a weapon, thats good. But he can get bullets, thats bad. He could hold the bullet in his left hand and keep hitting it on the back with a stick or something until it goes off........thats bad.

I had to stop a couple of times cause I could not type and keep a straight face.

Rich B

I think I understand his reasoning. If a prohibited person cannot get a weapon, thats good. But he can get bullets, thats bad. He could hold the bullet in his left hand and keep hitting it on the back with a stick or something until it goes off........thats bad.

And he of course ignores the Federal prohibition on prohibited people obtaining ammunition. Because after all, then the state couldn't exercise its granular control over ammunition and put ridiculous restrictions on it.

customcreationllc

What is possessing?
Owning or just holding?

What if I let my kid shoot my gun?

What if you don't have a pistol permit are they going to ban you from owning pistol calibers then what is a pistol caliber?

Last edited:

motoxmann

What if you don't have a pistol permit are they going to ban you from owning pistol calibers then what is a pistol caliber?

this is a good point, politicians take notice: some rifles use handgun ammunition. which means if someone simply does not have their pistol permit, but own one of these rifles, they would not be legally able to purchase ammunition for the rifle they legally own. making a law requiring a pistol permit to buy handgun ammunition absolutely absurd

davidmcbeth

Banned
this is a good point, politicians take notice: some rifles use handgun ammunition. which means if someone simply does not have their pistol permit, but own one of these rifles, they would not be legally able to purchase ammunition for the rifle they legally own. making a law requiring a pistol permit to buy handgun ammunition absolutely absurd

Thinking, thinking ... I agree, and add. The purpose of the bill, depending on its text, may be considered to prevent a person who cannot own a handgun from possessing any ammo at all.

The bill may be to poorly written IMO ...

I would not want to be an 18yr old caught with ammo....another BS unneeded bill.

customcreationllc

Didn't California try this limit the sale of handgun ammo and the NRA beat it in court.

The law would have to be if you cannot own any gun then you cannot own any ammo.
But like I said what is possession just in hand.
My son cannot own a firearm he is too young but I can take him shooting.

Last edited: