Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama likely to take executive action on gun control...

Obama likely to take executive action on gun control...

Obama will continue his dictatorial regime by taking "executive action" instead of presenting legislation for a vote... Who didn't see that coming?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...on-gun-control

President Obama will likely take executive action in an effort to tamp down the recent rash of gun violence, Vice President Biden said Wednesday.

“The president is going go act,” said Biden, who is conducting meetings all week on gun control. “There are executive orders, executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet, but we're compiling it all.”
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

At what point do we declare the government as having become tyrannous and no longer answering to the will of the people? When will we act? Will we act at all? Or will history remember America as the country that rolled over, yawned, and hit the snooze button? These are frightening times I hoped I would never see. We essentially have a dictator in the Oval Office and everyone is "too busy" to be bothered to care.

I don't what he thinks he can do. Maybe Biden was just talking out of his hat again; or maybe they are just running it up the flag poll to see what the reaction might be. In any event, whatever he does will be unconstitutional, but it will take a long time to get through the court system.

It's not like Obama didn't warn us he was going to pull this shitt, or he told Putin, but the message was there. The people just did not listen...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Aren't executive orders immediately effective? I thought that was the whole point of them....to bypass all the legal methods of passing a law, so they didn't have to go through the courts and the 2 other branches. Until challenged and overturned, any law passed via executive order would be binding.

Quote Originally Posted by compmanio365 View Post
    Aren't executive orders immediately effective? I thought that was the whole point of them....to bypass all the legal methods of passing a law, so they didn't have to go through the courts and the 2 other branches. Until challenged and overturned, any law passed via executive order would be binding.
    All true, and it will take until the end of his reign to get them declared unconstitutional. Sad!

i think i mentioned this theory on another thread and was called names for it by some lady...

i hope im not right
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

Quote Originally Posted by compmanio365 View Post
    At what point do we declare the government as having become tyrannous and no longer answering to the will of the people? When will we act? Will we act at all? Or will history remember America as the country that rolled over, yawned, and hit the snooze button? These are frightening times I hoped I would never see. We essentially have a dictator in the Oval Office and everyone is "too busy" to be bothered to care.

Sadly thats what society has come to. The more people have moved away from rural life and urban sprawl has taken over. People have changed alot. I remember as a kid we lived on a several hundred acre piece of property out in the middle of nowhere. But I knew very well every person that lived within 5 miles. I now live on a small dead end street on a culisac with 5 other houses. I have tried to talk to each of them, but they are wraped up in there own little world and seem freaked out that I even approach them. The family dynamic has changed alot as well with both parents working. people having kids before they are grown up. The internet and the instant gradification people want.

When I asked friends about going with me to the GOP convention to support Ron Paul, only 1 of 8 range 20-33 years old knew who he was. That was frightening to me. Our youth cares about Ken Block, Snooki, paintball, dancing with the stars, whats the coolest cell phone, beer pong, etc... so many of them don't go to college to get a degree, even less haven't learned a trade. And then they would rather not work than take a job making minimum wage because thats all they can do.

If he does he will be in violation

If he passes any executive orders on the 2A he will be in violation of the DICK ACT, and be in violation of the Second amendment. Since without Congressional action it is a violation of the infringement clause in the Second Amendment, it would give us both a legal right, and a Constitutional right to call for Open ARMED REVOLT.

So I am really hoping that SoB tries to break the law, since ignorance of the law is no excuse I will give a short period to see if Congress does something to him, and if they roll over I will. I am so sick and tired of violations of the LAW, and the CONSTITUTION by our Congress. If we messed up like he is about to we would be slaughtered and imprisoned for 20 or 30 years with little to no publicity.

He on the other hand keeps violating law after law, and so far every single law enforcement agency keeps bowing to him, and kissing his ass even though he has broken more laws than most of us could ever get away with even attempting. I am to the point that I am sick of living in a country where Government Agents do not up hold their Oaths, and think what the hell lets just let him keep breaking the law.

But hey if you are a poor person we are going to hang you by every single noose we can get around your neck. His behavior of taking vacations every three months sure seems like when the queen of France said let them eat CAKE. What is even more sad is that he got poor people to vote for him by claiming that the Rich are to blame for their problems when he is one of those RICH. He has sheltered accounts in Switzerland. Where the hell do we draw the damn line. I REFUSE TO REGISTER PERIOD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 07Altima View Post
    If he passes any executive orders on the 2A he will be in violation of the DICK ACT, and be in violation of the Second amendment. Since without Congressional action it is a violation of the infringement clause in the Second Amendment, it would give us both a legal right, and a Constitutional right to call for Open ARMED REVOLT.

So I am really hoping that SoB tries to break the law, since ignorance of the law is no excuse I will give a short period to see if Congress does something to him, and if they roll over I will. I am so sick and tired of violations of the LAW, and the CONSTITUTION by our Congress. If we messed up like he is about to we would be slaughtered and imprisoned for 20 or 30 years with little to no publicity.

He on the other hand keeps violating law after law, and so far every single law enforcement agency keeps bowing to him, and kissing his ass even though he has broken more laws than most of us could ever get away with even attempting. I am to the point that I am sick of living in a country where Government Agents do not up hold their Oaths, and think what the hell lets just let him keep breaking the law.

But hey if you are a poor person we are going to hang you by every single noose we can get around your neck. His behavior of taking vacations every three months sure seems like when the queen of France said let them eat CAKE. What is even more sad is that he got poor people to vote for him by claiming that the Rich are to blame for their problems when he is one of those RICH. He has sheltered accounts in Switzerland. Where the hell do we draw the damn line. I REFUSE TO REGISTER PERIOD!!!!
    He gives law enforcement agencies free guns, tanks, grants, cars, they are as entitled as the welfare queens. Law Enforcement has been completely brainwashed with free money and goodies. This is why he can't/won't cut any spending, he can't maintain control without the handouts.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

That is a good point

I guess I just have too much Native American, and German blood to not be a hot head

If you recall your history, another president disobayed the constitution he had sworn to uphold.

This presidend today is raved about as one of the greatest. Franklin D. Roosevelt

All he did, by presidental decree, was imprison tens of thousands of American citizens for no other reason than they were Japanese.

Almost no one complained, hardly blinked an eye.

This president could decree that all "assault" rifles in private citizen hands constitute a clear and present danger to American society and need to be confiscated. Any person in posesson of one after a certain date will be imprisioned (in re-education camps) for not less than 10 years and fined not less than $20,000.

"So let it be written, so let it be done."

Quote Originally Posted by Bill45 View Post
    If you recall your history, another president disobayed the constitution he had sworn to uphold.

This presidend today is raved about as one of the greatest. Franklin D. Roosevelt

All he did, by presidental decree, was imprison tens of thousands of American citizens for no other reason than they were Japanese.

Almost no one complained, hardly blinked an eye.

This president could decree that all "assault" rifles in private citizen hands constitute a clear and present danger to American society and need to be confiscated. Any person in posesson of one after a certain date will be imprisioned (in re-education camps) for not less than 10 years and fined not less than $20,000.

"So let it be written, so let it be done."
    Hitler tattooed people, only to send them to concentration camps~~FDR gave people numbers and put them into a system to track them and their income. Of course he convinced people it was for their own good, just as he claimed for the Japanese Americans.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

So what's the point of even sending the bill to Congress? For show? So much for checks and balances! It was a nice concept while it lasted (which wasn't very long).
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by MainelyGlock View Post
    So what's the point of even sending the bill to Congress? For show? So much for checks and balances! It was a nice concept while it lasted (which wasn't very long).
    We don't need no stinkin checks and balances when we have a King who is the second coming.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleWingsfan View Post
    Sadly thats what society has come to. The more people have moved away from rural life and urban sprawl has taken over. People have changed alot. I remember as a kid we lived on a several hundred acre piece of property out in the middle of nowhere. But I knew very well every person that lived within 5 miles. I now live on a small dead end street on a culisac with 5 other houses. I have tried to talk to each of them, but they are wraped up in there own little world and seem freaked out that I even approach them. The family dynamic has changed alot as well with both parents working. people having kids before they are grown up. The internet and the instant gradification people want.

When I asked friends about going with me to the GOP convention to support Ron Paul, only 1 of 8 range 20-33 years old knew who he was. That was frightening to me. Our youth cares about Ken Block, Snooki, paintball, dancing with the stars, whats the coolest cell phone, beer pong, etc... so many of them don't go to college to get a degree, even less haven't learned a trade. And then they would rather not work than take a job making minimum wage because thats all they can do.

I had to laugh, i cant hold serious political, or philisophical conversation with my peers without at least one of them turning to their "smart phone" to play a game or send an IM. then when everyone has lost interest (2-3 munutes later)one of the guys inevitably asks if I watched the latest "gymkana" whatever the he11 that is.
    every one is oblivious to the REAL world around them.

I am right in the middle of that age range, and even I am shocked and embarrassed by my own generation. however I will not go to college to get a degree, it would be financial suicide in this day and age

keep them chasing the next smart phone and shiny car, and before long the even freedom that allows them to be oblivious will be evaporate...... :'(
    Last edited by SGTapone; 01-10-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    What checks and balances, that is just an illusion, they are all part of the government. The only real check is us, and the anti federalist knew this and why they insisted on a bill of rights, and the reason for the 2A.

Congress has willingly overlooked, the overstepping of the constitutional boundaries for themselves, the president and the courts.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by SGTapone View Post
    I had to laugh, i cant hold serious political, or philisophical conversation with my peers without at least one of them turning to their "smart phone" to play a game or send an IM. then when everyone has lost interest (2-3 munutes later)one of the guys inevitably asks if I watched the latest "gymkana" whatever the he11 that is.
    every one is oblivious to the REAL world around them.

I am right in the middle of that age range, and even I am shocked and embarrassed by my own generation. however I will not go to college to get a degree, it would be financial suicide in this day and age

keep them chasing the next smart phone and shiny car, and before long the even freedom that allows them to be oblivious will be evaporate...... :'(
    i fear for our youth, they wont be able to handle the things to come
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

Quote Originally Posted by PFC HALE View Post
    i fear for our youth, they wont be able to handle the things to come
    PFC Hale, I stand with you.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    PFC Hale, I stand with you.
    Our youth is being served kool-aid in the public school system. Every responsible parent should home school, if they cannot afford private education.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Our youth is being served kool-aid in the public school system. Every responsible parent should home school, if they cannot afford private education.
    Absolutely true. I am 26 and did horribly in school, mainly because I wasn't willing to buy into the "sit down, shut up and be brainwashed like all the rest of the good little subjects" mantra. I see almost every person of my generation acting irresponsibly and find that they have zero clue as to what freedom really entails and what is going on in the political arena. They truly believe that if they just focus on the video games, ignore the news and "trust the government to know what's best", everything will turn out alright, and that the Soviets had it right all along. It's pretty disgusting to see, and a big part of why I don't have but two friends in my own age group. I simply cannot stand the entitlement, "gimme free stuff" attitude of my peers. And unfortunately, these will be the people cheering for the government thugs who will come to disarm us and take away our freedoms, as the brainwashing has taught them to believe we are somehow the "enemies of freedom". When they don't even know what "freedom" really is.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleWingsfan View Post
    Sadly thats what society has come to. The more people have moved away from rural life and urban sprawl has taken over.

"When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe. "
    -Thomas Jefferson

Once Feinstein's bill fails in the House he can say that he has had enough and has to put his foot down and save the children. It's all the evil Republicans' faults because they want dirty air, dirty water and dead children. You have to understand that it's as much about the theater as it is about getting his own way.

I feel there are only a handfull of us who are patriotic. We are becoming the minority. If a civil unrest broke out, we would be small in numbers compared to those who dont care and have no idea what a loyalty to a country is. There are too many who havedefected from their country to invade our county from third worlds and don't care if liberties are lost because there are still more freedoms here than where they came from.
    I also fear that there are too many servants who would follow the camander and chiefs order, rather than uphold thier oath to the constitution. I would rather die fighting for my rights and claim "From my cold dead hands" but I feel it would be in vain and would be put on a list of radical rednecks who fought against the country, in terrorism and died committing a crime.
    This is the country we have let evolve around us by letting our borders be overun by invaders. There is no going back to stop it from happening, all we can hope for is that we prevent our freedoms from being taken during our lifetime.
    I pray to God I am way off base.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

"The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

"They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by amzbrady View Post
    i feel there are only a handfull of us who are patriotic. We are becoming the minority. If a civil unrest broke out, we would be small in numbers compared to those who dont care and have no idea what a loyalty to a country is. There are too many who havedefected from their country to invade our county from third worlds and don't care if liberties are lost because there are still more freedoms here than where they came from.
    I also fear that there are too many servants who would follow the camander and chiefs order, rather than uphold thier oath to the constitution. I would rather die fighting for my rights and claim "from my cold dead hands" but i feel it would be in vain and would be put on a list of radical rednecks who fought against the country, in terrorism and died committing a crime.
    This is the country we have let evolve around us by letting our borders be overun by invaders. There is no going back to stop it from happening, all we can hope for is that we prevent our freedoms from being taken during our lifetime.
    I pray to god i am way off base.
    iii%....

Just 3%.
    Last edited by thunderbolt; 01-12-2013 at 07:04 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast