• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UNDOUBTEDLY THE STUPIDEST WOMAN (perhaps STUPIDEST PERSON) IN AMERICA!

Gil223

I refer to Janet Hasson, Owner/Publisher of the NY Journal News. She has taken it upon herself to out, in her ridiculous rag,the people in two NY Counties who have legal handgun permits by publishing their names and addresses! One report says "all", another says "most", but it makes no difference. It is the ACT itself which is despicable! She, in her extremely finite wisdom, has alerted the criminal community to which homes are likely to terminate their criminal activities, and which homes may be ripe for the picking. At the same time, criminals may determine to check out the homes which are "armed" for schedules of departure, bracketing those times when the home is unoccupied for the purpose of removing those handguns from the domicile in which they are legally kept. As mindlessly stupid as Hasson is, I have to wonder why she isn't in the Senate. (As for cites, just Gooogle her name and you'll find plenty of cites - choose the ones you like best.) Just my thoughts. And yours? :mad: Pax...

Gil223

there's already been a few threads on this

Ooops! My bad... didn't see any under this "News and Political Alerts" heading, and didn't have all day to look at the many thousands of posts in all the threads. :uhoh: (we could use an icon for embarrased!) Pax...

Gil223

I predicted this as a possibility of letting unchecked stupidity run amok in the media. I was right. From today's DCMorning.com -
"A home burglary in White Plains, N.Y. that appears related to a newspaper’s recent publication of gun-permit holders will bring a legislative response Monday, in the form of a new bill aimed at banning similar public disclosures in the future. Newsday reported Sunday that burglars broke into a 70-year-old man’s home intending to steal his gun safe. The resident, and his address, were among 44,000 disclosures of lawful firearm permits that the Journal News, a Westchester County, N.Y. newspaper, published on Dec. 24."
(Emphasis added by OP):cuss:pax...

motoxmann

yup, we all knew it would happen pretty quickly, and sure enough there's actually been multiple reports of this happening to a few different residences. and it's going to continue to happen more and more frequently for as long as the "list" is still accessible to the public