Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro-gun rally on February 8th Boston Massacre day

Pro-gun rally on February 8th Boston Massacre day

I will be attending, it starts at 10AM it is being called for every state to meet at their state capitol on that day for demonstrations. I am just deciding which firearms to carry that day.

<----- Sig sidearm and AR with 37mm tear gas and smoke launcher attached. Probably get a few looks.

well normally

well normally I would not carry a long gun in public but may do so for the rally as long as I legally can. I will be looking into it outside the thread to avoid breaking the rules here but if I do Saiga 12 will work nicely lol and maybe some bandoleers no more long gun talk in the thread though so they wont get mad feel free to PM me if you want to discuss long guns. Any one with info on that please feel free to PM me as well.

I must make a correction

Massacre day is the 5th of March so I was wrong. Either way expect others to go if they can.

Feb 8th Rally For Gun Rights

Hello Friends!

*Disclaimer* I'm not affiliated with the owner of the below linked facebook event page *Disclaimer*
    https://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/

Having said that, are there any plans for an official Open Carry affiliated demonstration on Feb 8th? As I recall the last time I attended a demonstration we were required to obtain protest permits beforehand. Who on this forum would head up the effort to make this event happen? I'd like to offer to pay for a sizeable chunk (if not all) of the permit cost, if some of those experienced in putting on these events would be willing to take it on. I will also use a vacation day from work so I can attend. Feel free to contact me via private message if you feel so inclined.

Stay Free!

Sam Wilson
    Former Candidate for State Representative, 38th Legislative District.

My apologies for the double-post regarding the event, I didn't look far enough down the list of postings. Still, whoever is coordinating this, please contact me if I can help.

Also: I'm in contact with at least three currently serving State Representatives that would be THRILLED to speak at our gathering. I might even be able to find a State Senator or two. Please contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Samandw View Post
    Also: I'm in contact with at least three currently serving State Representatives that would be THRILLED to speak at our gathering. I might even be able to find a State Senator or two. Please contact me.
    That would be great, lets see them turn tail and run when I ask them a couple of hard questions.

It was due in part to the work of a friend and I that most politicians will not show their faces in town meetings where the public can question them.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Oh, these guys are with us. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they showed up OC themselves. Anybody know who's heading up this effort? I spoke with one of the Reps last night and he asked me to find out how to arrange a chance for them to speak at the rally . . .

Anyone else going to this?
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." — George Patton

Re: Pro-gun rally on February 8th Boston Massacre day

I'll be there.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by 07Altima View Post
    well normally I would not carry a long gun in public but may do so for the rally as long as I legally can. I will be looking into it outside the thread to avoid breaking the rules here but if I do Saiga 12 will work nicely lol and maybe some bandoleers no more long gun talk in the thread though so they wont get mad feel free to PM me if you want to discuss long guns. Any one with info on that please feel free to PM me as well.
    We just did the Jan 19th rally in Olympia,,, really good!!!
    Everybody Open carried properly holstered side arms,
    many carried properly slung Other guns also.
    Two cops watched out for our security but NO interactions happened...
    I would not say what to carry, Or not,
    But a Bandoleer did cause some unnessery concern for a guy at the last rally.

I will be there again on Feb 8,,, Ill bring just the right number of self defense arms,
    and two signs, one to carry, one to share,,, see you all there...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I Think I'll talk to folks up here and see if they are interested in a Bellingham one.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Re: Pro-gun rally on February 8th Boston Massacre day

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I Think I'll talk to folks up here and see if they are interested in a Bellingham one.
    I'd make the drive if it was in the evening-ish...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Too lazy to do a blog! Follow me on Twitter instead! @6ShotScott

It is a friday so we will be getting people prepping for the weekend. Sunset will be 1720 (twenty minutes after five). We could ask for a permit. Or we could go for Lee Memorial Park (at city hall). Invites need to get out right away for guest speakers. Maybe we can invite rep appleton.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by skeith5 View Post
    I'd make the drive if it was in the evening-ish...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    It is a friday so we will be getting people prepping for the weekend. Sunset will be 1720 (twenty minutes after five). We could ask for a permit. Or we could go for Lee Memorial Park (at city hall). Invites need to get out right away for guest speakers. Maybe we can invite rep appleton.
    Just a idea that popped into my head. That park is a good one John and was what I was thinking. I have a few contacts to get the word out if we really want to do this. How long do you think permits would take.

Sure invite Appleton, she has to stay on topic though.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Why support a lie?

The Boston Massacre occurred after some colonists attacked British soldiers acting, I thought, as guards. The soldiers fired in self-defense.

Why should we be celebrating a big misleading media propaganda stunt from history? The papers lied about what happened and turned an act of self defense around and called it a massacre.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

If anyone is willing to give a ride coming from the Vancouver or Kelso Longview area I'd go.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    The Boston Massacre occurred after some colonists attacked British soldiers acting, I thought, as guards. The soldiers fired in self-defense.

Why should we be celebrating a big misleading media propaganda stunt from history? The papers lied about what happened and turned an act of self defense around and called it a massacre.
    The British were told not to station or quarter their soldiers there and that they were not welcome. British soldiers were acquitted on American soil, because the angle of the bullets that killed those like Crispus Attucks came from the second floor.

To me it matters not who attacked who that day, the Battle was on!
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 01-21-2013 at 08:25 PM.

I would love to attend, and I plan to be there, but I do hope the speakers are more on topic this time. There has been a ton of feedback on local forums and on my youtube channel about the speakers getting too religious and straying into other topics like abortion. It really alienates a lot of people.

I'm hoping to attend, just have to work out the logistics. Being on a Friday makes it a lot more difficult, "grandma" won't be available to watch the kids since she'll be at work.. Hopefully we can figure something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    That would be great, lets see them turn tail and run when I ask them a couple of hard questions.

It was due in part to the work of a friend and I that most politicians will not show their faces in town meetings where the public can question them.
    Seems to me that if a politician is on our side and willing to speak for our cause at an event, we wouldn't want to scare them away.

Anyway, I'll be there. Is there going to be a group meeting spot before hand?

We went to Oly on the 19th and didnt meet anyone from OCDO. Im going to this one also. Is there going to be a meetup prior to make introductions?

Does anyone know of flyers for this event? I want some to post up at work.

Nevermind. Found it: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Last edited by J1MB0B; 01-24-2013 at 02:21 AM.

So I attended the saturday 19th one and am still planning on being present for the 8th (even requested it off). is anyone else going to the capitol in OLY on this day? anyone meeting up beforehand?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast