• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro-gun rally on February 8th Boston Massacre day

FrayedString

I'm hoping to attend, just have to work out the logistics. Being on a Friday makes it a lot more difficult, "grandma" won't be available to watch the kids since she'll be at work.. Hopefully we can figure something out.

J1MB0B

That would be great, lets see them turn tail and run when I ask them a couple of hard questions.

It was due in part to the work of a friend and I that most politicians will not show their faces in town meetings where the public can question them.

Seems to me that if a politician is on our side and willing to speak for our cause at an event, we wouldn't want to scare them away.

Anyway, I'll be there. Is there going to be a group meeting spot before hand?

J1MB0B

We went to Oly on the 19th and didnt meet anyone from OCDO. Im going to this one also. Is there going to be a meetup prior to make introductions?

SGTapone

So I attended the saturday 19th one and am still planning on being present for the 8th (even requested it off). is anyone else going to the capitol in OLY on this day? anyone meeting up beforehand?

SGTapone

already got the day off, Ill be there bright and early please PM me if there is anything I can help with or if there is a meet up before

Trigger Dr

I would love to attend, and I plan to be there, but I do hope the speakers are more on topic this time. There has been a ton of feedback on local forums and on my youtube channel about the speakers getting too religious and straying into other topics like abortion. It really alienates a lot of people.

Somebody please help me....I was under the impression that when a person was asked to speak at an event, they were asked to give THEIR THOUGHTS on a particular subject, not to pander to the masses.
Diversity is needed in a situation such as we are now experiencing. Even the ANTI's do us some good, because their comments keep us more focused on our goals.
If you do not like what is being said, you do not have to listen, nor do you have to agree. BUT it would be of benefit to listen and think about what is being said. It just might strike a cord that will bring out a very valid

Trigger Dr

I would love to attend, and I plan to be there, but I do hope the speakers are more on topic this time. There has been a ton of feedback on local forums and on my youtube channel about the speakers getting too religious and straying into other topics like abortion. It really alienates a lot of people.

Somebody please help me....I was under the impression that when a person was asked to speak at an event, they were asked to give THEIR THOUGHTS on a particular subject, not to pander to the masses.
Diversity is needed in a situation such as we are now experiencing. Even the ANTI's do us some good, because their comments keep us more focused on our goals.
If you do not like what is being said, you do not have to listen, nor do you have to agree. BUT it would be of benefit to listen and think about what is being said. It just might strike a cord that will bring out a very valid point that otherwise would go unnoticed.

sudden valley gunner

If you do not like what is being said, you do not have to listen, nor do you have to agree. BUT it would be of benefit to listen and think about what is being said. It just might strike a cord that will bring out a very valid point that otherwise would go unnoticed.

Agreed, and Hadian and Didier will not get my votes because of their thoughts that had nothing to do with the topic. :lol:

adam3176

Make sure you check in with EMOofseattle. To make sure your sign has been excepted to be Displayed!

EMNofSeattle

The British were told not to station or quarter their soldiers there and that they were not welcome. British soldiers were acquitted on American soil, because the angle of the bullets that killed those like Crispus Attucks came from the second floor.

To me it matters not who attacked who that day, the Battle was on!

I view this like I view the Kent State incident.

if your movement is acting violently to the point where the military is involved and then you violently taunt soldiers with guns, what do you expect will happen?

The redcoats arriving in numbers should've been a "clue" to disperse. now if you're so believing in your cause that you're willing to die for it, that's one thing.
but claiming a shooting that's at worst questionable is a cold blooded massacre is not reasonable.

MSG Lagie said:
It is a friday so we will be getting people prepping for the weekend. Sunset will be 1720 (twenty minutes after five). We could ask for a permit. Or we could go for Lee Memorial Park (at city hall). Invites need to get out right away for guest speakers. Maybe we can invite rep appleton.

Rep. Appleton was invited to a pro-gun rally and appeared to speak

what she'll tell the newspapers
"I was held hostage by shotgun toting rednecks who made non-specific threats against me. maybe 60 or so of them but only one has been reported the the WSP"

Last edited:

Batousaii

~ bump ~

<Bump>
- Really hoping we can get some good turnout for this rally too. it is a good opourtunity to show them, twice in a row, how serious "We the People" are about our right to bear arms and protecting our liberties.

http://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/

- My wife and I are planning to be there, hope to see you all there too.

Bat :dude:

Last edited:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Unless someone got the permit, there isn't going to be a rally on the 8th.....

per the facebook post:

To whoever is in charge of setting up the Pro 2nd Amendment rally at the Washington State Capitol on Feb 8th - I got a call this morning from the Capitol staff stating you have not gotten your permit yet for this event. until you do you will not be able to hold this event. You need to call Tony Aikens at the State Capitol: 360-902-8884 and get your permit NOW!
http://www.facebook.com/GunRightsAcrossAmericaWAState?ref=stream

1245A Defender

Huh!!!

per the facebook post:

To whoever is in charge of setting up the Pro 2nd Amendment rally at the Washington State Capitol on Feb 8th - I got a call this morning from the Capitol staff stating you have not gotten your permit yet for this event. until you do you will not be able to hold this event. You need to call Tony Aikens at the State Capitol: 360-902-8884 and get your permit NOW!

Ive been planning to be there...
Seems I still have my 1st amendment right to petition my government for redress of my grievances..
Oh,,, did I forget to mention??? I AM PISSED OFF!!!!

WE DONT NEED NO STINKIN PERMITS!!!!

Any one else going to come and be there too???

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
<Bump>
- Really hoping we can get some good turnout for this rally too. it is a good opourtunity to show them, twice in a row, how serious "We the People" are about our right to bear arms and protecting our liberties.

http://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/

- My wife and I are planning to be there, hope to see you all there too.

Bat :dude:

The issue; if you keep doing "rally's" each month you expend a lot of energy (time, money, time of work) by the firearms community and they lose steam. Then you have rally's that have less attendance from the previous rally. Now the media show's up and says "pro gun forces are shrinking in numbers."

per the facebook post:

Washington's rally seems to have been on January 19th and now it's time to move from rally's to talking to your legislator's and congressmen. My suggestion is to go to the capital on the 8th and visit with your legislator. Make an appointment now as they have busy schedules and you may be just visiting with staff.

Batousaii

Well Hell, thats too bad. I too thought it was already set up. People were talking about doing both from the get-go.

I do see your point there GoGo, and where as I was not suggesting it every month, I did think just these two in a row could have been good if done right (Big then bigger?).

TY for the heads up.

Last edited:

Batousaii

per the facebook post:

Bill, when was that posted ?
- I also see (from 2-1-13 @ 2pm) on facebook.

UPDATE 2:00 PM 2/1/13: 2E is now starting the permit process, we have called and started the discussion, next week i'll be visiting the capital to review the grounds and possibly negotiate future locations. The DES is really wanting us to have the rally so they are working with us to get this done. If you want to help please email people@2ndenforcers.org

I suppose it could be happening ?