• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question

brad98801

I havnt posted on here in a while im still fairly new to all of the laws and such, But I've been trying to read up as much as i can on everything and im just curious about this "Assault Weapons" ban. I carry a Glock 19 with 15 round mags IF this ban passes and semi autos and Hi-Cap mags are included in the ban would i still be able to have my glock or let alone carry it?

Trigger Dr

That would depend upon the wording of the law, however, things like this are generally "Grand fathered" meaning you would still be good to go, but could ot buy more of the high cap mags.

Dave_pro2a

afaik, in CA you cannot CCW a "high cap" magazine -- even if it is a legally owned magazine and you manage to obtain a valid CCW permit.

No one knows what kind of poop is about to get dropped on our heads, but CA, NY, etc type laws will surely be their goal.

jeeper1

If your glock is black, I guess you could call it an assault weapon under the new rules.
I guess then my two T/C Contenders are assault weapons.