• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maybe it is time for OCDO to revise the forum rules...

Renegade

Hello everyone - after reading more articles today regarding the continued attack on our natural right to keep and bear arms I was saddened to realize that I am prohibited from posting my thoughts here and entering into a discussion on my specific topic.

So much for free speech, lol.

Chet Szymecki
Yorktown, Virginia

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Chet,

If anybody here has paid the price and earned the right, its you.

But, its still the owners' forum.

You could always PM the mods or an owner requesting an exception.

DJEEPER

I fully agree with Chet on this. The fact that we are limiting our rights is like trying to free our hand from a bear trap with an RPG (we all have those according to Piers Morgan, right?)

Just like you cant be "Kind of pregnant"... you cant be "kind of Pro 2a". The 2a covers firearms... not just pistols.

Now is the time to put aside political correctness and stand our ground with force if necessary.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Post away Chet!

See if it sticks. We go OT all the time. Sometimes it's deemed relevant, sometimes not.

I post about bears (What Ed calls MeMe posts) He posts about getting his picture hugging cops, others post about CHP's.

Let's hear what you have to say.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I'd say post away Chet. We entertain thread after thread on things not pertaining directly to OC. I hadn't previously made the connection between on your handle, but it's good to see you!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Unless your specific topic involves the violent overthrow of the government or specific criminal action, or the open carry of long guns, the forum seems open to allowing an awful lot of political discussion that is not absolutely OC-centric. I would imagine that discussing forming a new gun-rights support group, as opposed to bad-mouthing any existing organization, would also be tolerated.

If you want to sell pitchforks and torches, or tar, feathers and rails, you need to get John and Mike to agree to let you give them some money for the privilege of advertising here. But that's not discussing anything as we understand it, so it's probably not what you are looking for a way to do, is it?:uhoh:

stay safe.

Renegade

Ok - thanks guys and good morning.

I will happily set aside the long-winded debate regarding what is permitted to be posted here and what is not. For me it is simple - this is a private forum open to the public and the folks in charge can do as they please, I respect that. On the other hand I do wish we would practice here what we preach regarding freedom and liberty. Just saying...

Anyhow, we can agree that what has been going on throughout our nations history amounts to a slow and deliberate erosion of our God-given rights and our individual sovereignty. As humans we are poor regarding our recognition of moderate change spanning an extended period. Seriously, I did not wake up with the extra forty pounds on me this morning but I sure as hell did not see it coming over the past few decades - it's here though!

Over the past month things have changed so rapidly and significantly for the worse and not only us, but many of our fellow citizens are waking up to the reality that in the foreseeable future a defining moment in the history of our country may take place. We need to prepare. We need to ask ourselves who we really are deep down inside and what this means to ourselves, those around us, and future generations we will never know.

In my opinion there is no other country on the face of the earth like our United States of America nor has there ever been. We are it - we are the final outpost and this upcoming battle may be the final battle for humanity as we know it. We need to face the truth and realize that the vast majority of our elected officials, our military, and our law enforcement are in direct opposition to how we wish to live our lives as free men. And yes, there are many of the aforementioned that are truly good people and they too will make the right choice when it is time to choose but folks - we need to tell it like it is and the greatest threat to any man in any country is their own government.

The upcoming General Assembly is our first chance to voice our opinion that enough is enough - we will not give another inch. Heck, over a hundred of you came armed and filled Norfolk City Hall in support of my families fight against Norfolk. May I suggest that one thousand of us show up at this years General Assembly ALL shouldering long guns. Sling a musket, a shotgun, an AR15 - carry a pistol too!!!

We need to take this opportunity to shout louder than ever that enough is enough. We need to provide a story that is so irresistible that every media outlet around the world will carry our message. We need to lead our country in proclaiming that here in Virginia, the birthplace of our nation, we are beginning the process to restore all of our natural rights to all of our citizens.

What color AR looks best on me?

Renegade

Thanks but, no thanks. Please delete my entire account as of 12.01.13.

I am not sure I understand how the owners and moderators of this supposed "freedom" forum are so entirely hypocritical. The fact is we all agree that law abiding citizens should not be burdened by unconstitutional laws supposedly designed to restrict criminals who...refuse to follow the law anyway. But here, OCDO chooses to define "their" meaning of "open carry" and their interpretation our God-given right to keep and bear arms? And God help us if we post anything that does not fit within the guidelines of OCDOs limitations on "free speech."

Again, maybe OCDO needs to revise their forum rules and show some leadership by allowing free men to act as such. If you do change I would be happy to rejoin and participate. If you choose to remain as you are, which OCDO has ever right to do so, I wish you the very best. Good bye.

Just don't pretend to have anything to do with freedom and liberty because the rules and regulations OCDO operates under now can not claim to be associated with either.

Liars, hypocrites, despots, tyrants...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Crickets.

What's left to say Half_Life.
Chet is a well respected member of the gun community, paid his dues and has fought the good fight.....

But, he cut the cord with a fair amount of finality.
The rules are what they are. No amount of discussion will change that. Moderation on the site or at least in this forum is top notch and the Mods don't make the rules, they only try to enforce them with some common sense.

Chet didn't want to try to use the common sense factor above, he wants a rule change....so why beat a dead horse.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
What's left to say Half_Life.
Chet is a well respected member of the gun community, paid his dues and has fought the good fight.....

But, he cut the cord with a fair amount of finality.
The rules are what they are. No amount of discussion will change that. Moderation on the site or at least in this forum is top notch and the Mods don't make the rules, they only try to enforce them with some common sense.

Chet didn't want to try to use the common sense factor above, he wants a rule change....so why beat a dead horse.

With Chet's enthusiam and dedication, I would encourage him to utilize his passion to be that activist with his own site - think that many here would support him in that effort.
icon14.png

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I am actually disturbed by this comment.

With this mentality, why not just say, "Current gun laws are what they are. No amount of discussion will change that".

Lets just bend over and take it in the ass without protest...even when you know you are fighting for your rights.

OCDO has an agenda. Anybody that is in doubt of that needs to bacxk up and re-evaluate what is blatantly stated by the owners/administratrors. (BTW - the word "owners" is of vital importance to understand. OCDO is not/nevger has been subject to "Freedom of Speech". Anybody who does not realize they are sitting in Mike and John's living room needs to go back outside and look at the address.)

OCDO does participate in the fight - not just for OC of handguns, nor just for OC. But it has and sticks to its agenda.

Someone wanting to address issues beyond the OCDO agenda needs to find a platform that contains an agenda in keeping with their desires of what they want to address. It is hoped and desired that they will return the honor and courtesy of not bad-mouthing OCDO due to differences of agenda or limitations on focus.

I am not a moderator, and my only stake in OCDO is to express my opinions and read the rantings of all those who disagree with me. (OK, and to bask in the glory of those that agree with me. Satisfied?) Depending on the issue I am either on a par with or way out in front of the other Original Grumpy Old Man of the Grumpy Old Men Club. Maybe it's because I got a BA in BS, but sometimes I just like to be both pedantic and long-winded in order to wear down the opposition - like now.

There's a lot I would like to put out there in public, but I'm not willing to cause Mike and John both hurt and expense just for the sake of putting something out there. Some of their rules are for self protection, if you had not yet realized that. I know the plans for the creation and operation of the concentration camps - heck, I wrote most of the original plan. I am willing to end up there if that's the way things go, but I am not willing to intentionally force someone else to be taken for what I have done. It may not be much, but that's the little bit of honor I do possess.

If anybody wants referrals to fora that address issues beyond OCDO's limits and may be closer to what Chet was getting at, please feel free to PM me. If nothing else I'll get you started on the road to where you might want to be.

stay safe.