• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maybe it is time for OCDO to revise the forum rules...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I wasn't shooting for disrespect. I was saying the silence was deafening. Apologies if any offense was taken.

If you're referring to silence on long-gun OC (LGOC) at the General Assembly office building, well of course there is silence.

Anybody who's been here even a month knows how fast the moderators will lock a thread on that subject very quickly.

OCDO isn't going to successfully start an LGOC protest at the GA, anyway. OCDO doesn't have enough reach in VA. The best medium to get LGOC going on Lobby Day would be VCDL.
If Philip and the Board agree to it, a VCDL Alert is the best way to get meaningful numbers there. Be ready to persuade them to change their position about advocating carry, though. Recall that VCDL does not advocate open or concealed carry, preferring instead to leave the method up to the carrier.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I am actually disturbed by this comment.

With this mentality, why not just say, "Current gun laws are what they are. No amount of discussion will change that".

Lets just bend over and take it in the ass without protest...even when you know you are fighting for your rights.

There's a big difference Djeeper.

This is a privately owned website and the owners make the rules. I am on hunting websites to discuss hunting, Cinema websites to discuss film making, off grid sites to discuss being off grid. Each one has it's rules and I follow them to the extant that I have to.

We are a little more liberal with the rules here than I like. specifically, the chippers. Even though I raise hell, the owners do not.
There are forums here where you can discuss nearly anything but this particular forum is for the discussion of Open Carry in Virginia.

DJEEPER

There's a big difference Djeeper.

This is a privately owned website and the owners make the rules. I am on hunting websites to discuss hunting, Cinema websites to discuss film making, off grid sites to discuss being off grid. Each one has it's rules and I follow them to the extant that I have to.

We are a little more liberal with the rules here than I like. specifically, the chippers. Even though I raise hell, the owners do not.
There are forums here where you can discuss nearly anything but this particular forum is for the discussion of Open Carry in Virginia.

I just dont understand how you can be so "FOR" handgun carry, but just turn the other cheek when it comes to rifle carry.

Lets go back about 20 years. You were a nutjob for even considering carrying a firearm. It was too radical. Now, look at where we are today. People barely flinch unless they are from a commie state. It is time to progress to the next step. The difference now is we have such a massive opposition for ALL firearms. We need to act NOW, stomp our feet into the soil and defend our rights defined in the 2a....ALL of our rights.

I pray that this mentality is not how you truly feel. For instance, the AR Pistol is sort of a halfway firearm. You have the rifle function in a "pistol" platform. Every time you post that, I am SURE "the owners" cringe because it too closely resembles a rifle.

anyways, I am beginning to ramble but my point is hopefully clear. Now, more than ever, is the time to stand our ground on ALL aspects of the constitution... not just the "PC" ones.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I just dont understand how you can be so "FOR" handgun carry, but just turn the other cheek when it comes to rifle carry.

Lets go back about 20 years. You were a nutjob for even considering carrying a firearm. It was too radical. Now, look at where we are today. People barely flinch unless they are from a commie state. It is time to progress to the next step. The difference now is we have such a massive opposition for ALL firearms. We need to act NOW, stomp our feet into the soil and defend our rights defined in the 2a....ALL of our rights.

I pray that this mentality is not how you truly feel. For instance, the AR Pistol is sort of a halfway firearm. You have the rifle function in a "pistol" platform. Every time you post that, I am SURE "the owners" cringe because it too closely resembles a rifle.

anyways, I am beginning to ramble but my point is hopefully clear. Now, more than ever, is the time to stand our ground on ALL aspects of the constitution... not just the "PC" ones.

I think this is my last post on this because I'm getting a little sick of it. Read the damn post!

I carry a rifle more than anyone else here except possibly Joe. I always have one and that isn't the issue.

The issue is....PLAIN AND SIMPLE, JOHN OWNS THIS BOARD AND DOES NOT WANT RIFLE CARRY DISCUSSED.
IT'S HIS BOARD, HIS HOUSE, HIS DIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF I GO TO YOUR HOUSE AND YOU SAY NO SMOKING, I WON'T SMOKE. I'LL GO OUTSIDE.

THIS IS NOT A GOVERNMENT OWNED SITE WHERE YOU HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH. IT IS JOHN'S PROPERTY.

I can't believe I'm having this conversation with YOU. You have more sense than that. I expect that idiotic **** out of Sheriff, Leo229 and a host of other tards....but I don't expect from you.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

Oh, I wouldn't count on the owners cringing. They're both solid 2A supporters--they got out in front by starting OCDO...way, way out in front. I'm betting the decision to ban long gun carry discussion has more to do with calmly guessing the image LGOC would create compared to handgun OC. And, remember, that policy was made for the general state of things, not situations like today with the fedgov declaring its intent to do all it can to infringe. I wouldn't be surprised if John or Mike approved an LGOC thread aimed at organizing rallys state by state in response to the current gun-grabbing atmosphere. Big difference between LGOCing to a rally where many people are LGOCing, and LGOCing down the street of Effete, California on any old Tuesday.

Shoot, lets ask them. I'll start a thread.

Last edited:

DJEEPER

I think this is my last post on this because I'm getting a little sick of it. Read the damn post!

I carry a rifle more than anyone else here except possibly Joe. I always have one and that isn't the issue.

The issue is....PLAIN AND SIMPLE, JOHN OWNS THIS BOARD AND DOES NOT WANT RIFLE CARRY DISCUSSED.
IT'S HIS BOARD, HIS HOUSE, HIS DIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF I GO TO YOUR HOUSE AND YOU SAY NO SMOKING, I WON'T SMOKE. I'LL GO OUTSIDE.

THIS IS NOT A GOVERNMENT OWNED SITE WHERE YOU HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH. IT IS JOHN'S PROPERTY.

I can't believe I'm having this conversation with YOU. You have more sense than that. I expect that idiotic **** out of Sheriff, Leo229 and a host of other tards....but I don't expect from you.

Whoa peter, I think you may have misinterpreted my tone, man. I wasnt stabbing at you, buddy, simply trying to understand the logic.

I understand your post, but not fully your logic. I feel like if we (gun owners) are going to fight for our rights...then we need to fight for ALL. You either have war or you dont, you know?

I apologize if I came off as harsh, but I was not aiming for that effect.

mpguy

I kinda disagree with this. 20 years ago for me, it was decently normal to Oc long guns, at least during hunting season.

Telling my age..:p

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

palerider116

There may come a time where we will be wishing we could argue over handgun open carry versus rifle open carry.

Keep your ear to the rail.

OC for ME

Hello everyone - after reading more articles today regarding the continued attack on our natural right to keep and bear arms I was saddened to realize that I am prohibited from posting my thoughts here and entering into a discussion on my specific topic.

So much for free speech, lol.

Chet Szymecki
Yorktown, Virginia
No response expected. The question: Joined Jan 2007, you are now stating that you realize (presumably just recently) that LGOC is verboten. Acknowledged, 270 postings to date, Rule 14 may have not been in effect when you joined OCDO.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
No response expected. The question: Joined Jan 2007, you are now stating that you realize (presumably just recently) that LGOC is verboten. Acknowledged, 270 postings to date, Rule 14 may have not been in effect when you joined OCDO.

The rule against long gun discussion wasn't developed until later in OCDOs existence. I don't recall exactly when. Sometime after Leonard Imbody's police encounter with an AK look-alike if I recall. Imbody seemed to be looking for a money payout and caused quite a stir in the town where it happened and here on OCDO.

The OPs story is that he was arrested at a festival. His wife was left stranded with their kids when he was hauled off by police with the car keys. Chet suffered physical injury from a sadistic cop who cinched the handcuffs too tight. OCDO and VCDL mobilized and made themselves a big pain for that local government. Chet sued the PD. The court let cops wriggle out of the suit on qualified immunity or something, I don't recall. I think Chet ended up with nothing but his legal bills and his injury. This is why I said Chet had earned the right to say whatever was on his mind when I posted early on this thread.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The rule against long gun discussion wasn't developed until later in OCDOs existence. I don't recall exactly when. Sometime after Leonard Imbody's police encounter with an AK look-alike if I recall. Imbody seemed to be looking for a money payout and caused quite a stir in the town where it happened and here on OCDO.

The OPs story is that he was arrested at a festival. His wife was left stranded with their kids when he was hauled off by police with the car keys. Chet suffered physical injury from a sadistic cop who cinched the handcuffs too tight. OCDO and VCDL mobilized and made themselves a big pain for that local government. Chet sued the PD. The court let cops wriggle out of the suit on qualified immunity or something, I don't recall. I think Chet ended up with nothing but his legal bills and his injury. This is why I said Chet had earned the right to say whatever was on his mind when I posted early on this thread.
There is a lot more to the arrest and lawsuit but Chet is definitely one of the good guys.

My point on this was done with the utmost respect for Chet. The point was that those are the rules of a privately owned board.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Loenard has been around since '08, carried orange painted AK pistol variant - apples and orange when used to compare to Chet.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
And I don't think you will get support from VCDL on that.

Is that a prerequisite to going to the GA?

I've arranged for a number of hunters to come and add to the GSL numbers and I doubt any will carry at all.

Since VCDL has openly said they do not represent hunters, maybe I should tell them to stay home since VCDL doesn't support them.

Last edited:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Is that a prerequisite to going to the GA?

I've arranged for a number of hunters to come and add to the GSL numbers and I doubt any will carry at all.

Since VCDL has openly said they do not represent hunters, maybe I should tell them to stay home since VCDL doesn't support them.

Not that I know of.. Ask VCDL leadership if you have a question of them.. I simply stated that I did not think they would support long gun carry.

Ed

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I never said that.. and I am not one of the CHP pushers that you talk about am I? just cuz I have one?

I do not speak for Old Virginia News, though I do have one of their cards and have "priviledges".

How much time is allotted for a full disclosure answer?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I never said that.. and I am not one of the CHP pushers that you talk about am I? just cuz I have one?

Maybe not Ed...maybe, at any rate back to Chet's post, I expressed MY opinion about OCDO's position.

As a moderator, maybe you should address his suggestion the rules change instead of the suggestion that there be an independent group of open carriers bearing long guns. That's a subject for another time and probably another place.