Thread: New Sniper record

New Sniper record

Sorry about the long gun comment, but it is not carry it is use.

It seems there is news on a new record sniper kill in Afghanistan made by Corporal of the Horse Craig Harrison, a British Soldier, while he was protecting his commander from a Taliban machine gun position. His Cdr had his vehicle disabled and Harrison had the high ground using an L115A3 in .338 lapua
    According to an article on the recent record shot from the UKs Sky News, Harrison fired his shots over 1.5 miles (8,120 ft.) and killed the two bad guys in two shots. He fired a third shot to disable the machine gun.
    Way to go Harrison.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Founder's Club Member
    Huh? Was that machine gun shooting 1.5 miles at his commander?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

New? This has been the record for a while now.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Huh? Was that machine gun shooting 1.5 miles at his commander?
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/interna...JNal3HgWlmEgRL

The sniper was 1.5 miles away from the target, the target was much closer to the commander. So I am guessing that the sniper was providing overwatch.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.