• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Marine Joshua Boston on Piers Morgan

EMNofSeattle

Wow, Piers has been on a roll here with the gun rights issue.

Marine Joshua Boston who wrote the viral letter to Senator Feinstien, he then was brought on to Piers Morgan

THIS is who I want speaking for us, it's obvious Josh was a little out of his comfort zone, but he kept his voice reasonable, and talked with facts instead of screaming about globalist New World Order bankers taking over america.

Nicely Done Mr. Boston!

[video=youtube;G6NMwjJQfp0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G6NMwjJQfp0[/video]

motoxmann

has anyone else noticed a trend on the topic of military style weapons? pro-2a people are quite competent enough to state why citizens should be legally allowed to have them. but ever notice how anti-'s have never once been able to reasonably state why citizens should NOT legally be allowed to have them?

eye95

They always talk about what the bad guys and nuts will do with them, not realizing that their laws will not stop those people from doing what they will, just the law-abiding.

Gil223

Piers Morgan is a Brit, and British firearms laws are antiquated and severe. Apparently the Brits have no right to effective self-protection. The Brits have a very high incidence of assaults by knife, which (in the plainly-spoken English language) makes the knife an "assault weapon". Anything used as a "weapon" to commit an "assault" is a de facto "assault weapon". From the UK's Daily Mail newspaper (Jul 17, 2008):
More than 350 people are the victim of knife assaults every day in England and Wales, the latest crime figures have revealed.

Last night a teenager in Lambeth, London, became the latest victim of the stabbing epidemic, dying in hospital after a frenzied attack.

Almost 130,000 attacks involved knives last year - equivalent to one every four minutes - according to the annual British Crime Survey.

This figure does not include the tens of thousands of assaults against under-16s. However, unlike the police records published yesterday, it does include crimes which are not reported to the authorities.

The police data revealed 22,000 serious knife assaults - including 231 attempted murders - were reported to the police last year.

There were also almost 14,000 reported robberies and more than 8,000 woundings.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...insist-crime-rates-falling.html#ixzz2HbQYmKlp

I contend that anything capable of being held or controlled by a human being, and thrust, thrown, swung, or used to damage or penetrate the human body - according to the reasoning of the left-wingers - is a potential (and in most cases proven by the manner in which it has been used) "assault weapon". I present for your consideration: the assault ashtray, the assault golf club, the assault automobile, the assault baseball bat, the assault arrow, the assault pencil, the assault glass bottle, etc., etc., ad infinitum. Some of our nut jobs have drowned their children, so we must also ban water! :rolleyes:

Criminal acts - such as assault and murder - are perpetrated by people, not by the tool (a term also describing Piers Morgan) they choose to commit those crimes against persons. People are resourceful and creative, tools are inert. A person dedicated to committing an unlawful act will find some means of accomplishing that act... even if the odds are against his/her success. In the case of the Newton, Connecticut shooting, Adam Lanza was known to be a deeply troubled individual. I would propose that anyone sharing a domicile with - or permitting entrance to that domicile by - a person known to be unstable, and who does not secure weapons of any and all kinds from access by that person, be charged as an accessory (perhaps even as a principal) to any crimes in which that unstable person uses said weapons.

Piers used the phrase "don't need an AR-15", and he emphasized the word "need". The ability to possess and use an AR-15 is not one based upon "need"... it is our right. However, with that right comes a concomitant responsibility, to which most (I assume all of us in this forum) people understand and comply, even though that responsibility has not been codified by legislative mandate. It is the responsibility to insure that our firearms are secured against ease of access by individuals who are barred by law, or otherwise not authorized by the owner, from gaining access to firearms. Cabled action locks are easily defeated, but they seem to meet the BATFE requirement (since they are supplied with all new firearms purchases)... but, they are not a suitable substitute for a good, solid "gun safe" (which will not reject other defensive tools).

IMHO, Joshua Boston did a very good job of thwarting Piers Morgan's lame attempt to marginalize our rights! :D Pax...

Last edited:

Sorcice

Only thing I wish he'd have is explain the "easy conversion" myth from semi auto to full auto. Being they are totally different actions.

Gil223

Here's a stat that I found of interest. An excerpt from PoliticalOutcast.com on Piers Morgan's Jan 9 interview with Larry Pratt of Gun Owners of America:
It gets worse. “Overall, 5.4 million crimes were recorded in the UK in 2007 — more than 10 a minute — second only to Sweden. . . . It means there are over 2,000 crimes recorded per 100,000 population in the UK, making it the most violent place in Europe.”

Great Britain’s crime rate is nearly four times that of the United States. “By comparison, America has an estimated rate of 466 violent crimes per 100,000 population.”
Piers cannot hold his own against (much less triumph over) knowledgeable, articulate members of the anti-anti-gun community (yes, I just created an new word). His "amen section" is on the far left of his audience, and hopefully it's a relatively small section. Just thought I would share this with y'all. :D Pax...

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

Here's a stat that I found of interest. An excerpt from PoliticalOutcast.com on Piers Morgan's Jan 9 interview with Larry Pratt of Gun Owners of America:
Piers cannot hold his own against (much less triumph over) knowledgeable, articulate members of the anti-anti-gun community (yes, I just created an new word). His "amen section" is on the far left of his audience, and hopefully it's a relatively small section. Just thought I would share this with y'all. :D Pax...

Problem with Brits is, they will acknowledge their higher violent crime rate, while saying that their lack of guns and no real justifiable homicide provisions mean that there are much fewer murders when brits talk about crime, they say murder or gun violence
they never argue having a lower rate of violent crime