• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Warren Drouin in the news in portland for oc!

NCCobra

"However, doing one or both may generate 911 calls and possibly tie up resources that are needed for a true emergency. "

True emergencies, like speed traps? :banghead:

We-the-People

Hmmmmm

From the second link....forgot to open the first before opening this post. Grrrrr

"armed men cause scare"

"ended up creating a state of panic" ummmm I didn't see anyone running in the video, did you?

"however, even area gun owners who heavilly support second amendment rights couldn't seem to get behind the two's off the wall tactics" then they put up two people with sound bites but offer nothing about their stand on the second amendment. So were these truly second amendment supporters or just joe blow on the street? I'm going with the latter.

Didn't sound like REPORTING to me. More like spinning. Where was the interview with someone who was "sacred" or in a "state of panic"?

Last edited:

NCCobra

Hmmmmm

From the second link....forgot to open the first before opening this post. Grrrrr

"armed men cause scare"

"ended up creating a state of panic" ummmm I didn't see anyone running in the video, did you?

"however, even area gun owners who heavilly support second amendment rights couldn't seem to get behind the two's off the wall tactics" then they put up two people with sound bites but offer nothing about their stand on the second amendment. So were these truly second amendment supporters or just joe blow on the street? I'm going with the latter.

Didn't sound like REPORTING to me. More like spinning. Where was the interview with someone who was "sacred" or in a "state of panic"?

I think the one business owner they interviewed might have been the one who locked his doors.

We-the-People

I think the one business owner they interviewed might have been the one who locked his doors.

A REAL journalist would have put that in the report. SPIN is all it is.

Something just occurred to me. I'm glad at least one of them had a pistol and it was shown in the video. Otherwise we'd be breaking the rule against discussing long gun open carry.

We-the-People

Okay, I went and looked over the posts....WOW....JUST FRACKING WOW. Two things come to mind from reading those posts.

1) If gun owners were as violent as the hopolophobes on there think we are, they'd all be dead.
2) If gun owners were half as violent as the hopolophobes themselves are, they'd all be dead.

Those people are nut jobs.

You can't cure stupid, no reason to waste my time posting there.

VW_Factor

Okay, I went and looked over the posts....WOW....JUST FRACKING WOW. Two things come to mind from reading those posts.

1) If gun owners were as violent as the hopolophobes on there think we are, they'd all be dead.
2) If gun owners were half as violent as the hopolophobes themselves are, they'd all be dead.

Those people are nut jobs.

You can't cure stupid, no reason to waste my time posting there.

I've been a member of Fark for quite sometime. Any firearms news story or comment thread there usually degenerates into something like what you see here. Its a good view into the nut jobs that simply don't understand their rights, or are afraid of them.

You want to know the types of people we are facing to keep our rights? Go read some Fark here. Its scary to know those people exist.

Gunhobbit

"However, doing one or both may generate 911 calls and possibly tie up resources that are needed for a true emergency. "

Nah, that just says that Portland 911 and Portland PD are unable to prioritize properly - somehow "guy walking with a visible AR15" somehow MUST be responded to while "major bank robbery in progress downtown" gets ignored - just because somebody called in the guy walking first. :lol:

We-the-People

KOBI just did a "hit piece". Had some cop yacking about CCW's.....ummm did they get a Cali transplant cop? Spelled it CONSEAL CARRY WEAPON.

Sent them a critique in a "helpful" tone, giving the correct information on several of their misstatements, and offered my assistance if they want to actually report factual material in the future.