• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obamacare protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

28kfps

Good news -- it has become known that hidden deep within the massive 2800-page bill called Obamacare there is a Senate Amendment protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

It seems that in their haste to cram socialized medicine down the throats of the American people, then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Barack Obama overlookedSenate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c.
According to reports, that amendment says the government cannot collect "any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition."

CNN is calling it "a gift to the nation's powerful gun lobby."
And according to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), that's exactly right. He says he added the provision in order to keep the NRA from getting involved in the legislative fight over Obamacare, which was so ubiquitous in 2010.
Notice at the end of the clip Old harry says he has change his stance on the gun issue since 2010.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/01/09/video-secret-gun-rights-provision-in-obamacare/

b0neZ

This is indeed interesting.

In the attempt to educate myself, I tried to find the full, 2500+ page text of the Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare"), and came up with bupkis. The closest I was able to get was a 906 page PDF, found here: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-111publ148/pdf/PLAW-111publ148.pdf .

Thinking my search-fu was weak due to lack of proper coffee-to-blood ratio, I called the GPO. I was told that the 978 page text was available through their FDS system, but the 2000+ page text was no longer in print. I find that odd, as the only copy I could find was 906 pages as I previously stated.

I'm not calling you out or anything, but could you please point me to a site that contains the page of the amendment and section cited? I'd like to read it. I only ask because that, for whatever unknown reason, I can't find it myself.

Thank you.

CowboyKen

Compilation of patient protection and affordable care act

In this version of the law (if you save the file and then bring it up in Acrobat reader) you will find what I think you are looking for on page 39 of the pdf file or page numbered as 20 of the document. Or you could just search the document for the word "firearm."

Please observe the wording in this law carefully, and IANAL and I am not rendering any legal opinion at all, which seems to only limit the actions of the "Secretary" and only apply to activities that fall under this law.

http://housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdf

Ken