Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO 2009 - Deputy Cox threatens to shoot concealed carrier for accidental exposure

VIDEO 2009 - Deputy Cox threatens to shoot concealed carrier for accidental exposure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=pns3_Peke30#!

Citrus County Florida Deputy Andy Cox Threatens to Shoot Concealed Carry Licensee for Lawfully Carried Handgun & Then Arrests Him for Accidental Exposure.

Video apparently just released. What happened after the licensed concealed carrier was jailed?

I can't even bring myself to watch the video. Not because of the pig, but because so few fellow citizens could give a crap. I fear we'll never get OC here. It doesn't matter if they start executing CCers. Why do people hate freedom? Whether it's guns or economics or any other topic people don't care or even have the CAPACITY to care. Maybe if we could abolish tax funded education we'd have a shot. Otherwise, checkmate. Problem is there is nowhere to go.

In Charlie Dean's district. How appropriate. Somebody should show that sack of fat this vid. Not that he'll care.
    Last edited by 77zach; 01-10-2013 at 01:27 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Founder's Club Member
    Obviously the citizen lacks the proper awe for law-enfarcement personnel; life in prison, confiscation of his property, and his wife sold into slavery are the needful punishments here. /sarcasm
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

2009 was a long time ago. Anything happen since?
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post

The situation has worsened. The legislature "fixed" it in 2011 saying you can "briefly" display a handgun. CCers continue to be harassed, meanwhile the legislature doesn't care that our rights are violated and they think they've fixed the problem. We have a pro OC governor who will be probably voted out in 2014. I think a pro OC gov in Fl is going to be a fluke so we have this year and next. There is a lawsuit because there is no right to bear arms in florida, only a privilege to carry concealed. Fl courts don't care, even though the state constitution says there is a right.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    A YouTube commenter from FL writes that the charges were dismissed in court.

A date on the video would be nice; sometimes you can find court information on-line. But, I don't wanta look through all of 2009's Citrus County docket for small charges.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    A YouTube commenter from FL writes that the charges were dismissed in court.

A date on the video would be nice; sometimes you can find court information on-line. But, I don't wanta look through all of 2009's Citrus County docket for small charges.
    State Attorney refused to pursue charges, according to StoogieC (Sean Caranna).

Perhaps because no law was violated?

The only thing that surprised me about this is that they didn't actually shoot... Those bastards shot at me so much I got used to it... Fortunately, they can't hit a flock of low flying barns.

Dawsy will get elected in Citrus until he dies. The vote is whatever he says it is. Dean and Dawsy's meth biz makes too much money.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    The only thing that surprised me about this is that they didn't actually shoot... Those bastards shot at me so much I got used to it...
    Dafuq are you talking about? LEO's have shot at you on more than one occasion? Doesn't pass the smell test, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by shastadude17 View Post
    Dafuq are you talking about? LEO's have shot at you on more than one occasion? Doesn't pass the smell test, dude.
    In past threads he's stated that he's been shot at several times by LEOs, arrested, plus being Baker 'Acted' a few times and kicked out of his apartment and had his crap piled up at the street for 'nothing', plus a bunch of other stuff.

Just my opinion, but this is all highly dubious and I'm not sure he is mentally stable.

Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    In past threads he's stated that he's been shot at several times by LEOs, arrested, plus being Baker 'Acted' a few times and kicked out of his apartment and had his crap piled up at the street for 'nothing', plus a bunch of other stuff.
    Rarely do I ever hear of a LEO shooting that ended up being a "Oops sorry our mistake, can I buy you a coffee?"

Nothing against people who have been Baker Acted, because it's a great intervention tool that saves lives, but it sounds like this guy might have some issues.

Tehe!

Citrus is well-known for its meth-dealing Sheriff. When they shoot at you for knowing about it and it goes badly for them, they clean up their own mess.

You don't have to like it or believe it for it to be true. I left the country (and am back briefly) for a long list of reasons, this is just one of them.

Mocking people for being in a fight you haven't had to experience, yet, is a major reason why the nation is going to the commies. Nobody sticks together and calls names instead. It's your loss...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

You don't have to like it or believe it for it to be true.

You ask too much.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's true. After all, Dawsey is from New Jersey aka Airstrip One.

More to come on this soon. See 42 USC § 1983

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StogieC View Post
    More to come on this soon. See 42 USC § 1983
    Title 42 U.S.C. § 1983 is not a source of substantive rights but a vehicle for vindicating rights conferred by the U.S. Constitution or by federal statute Baker v. McCollan, 443 U.S. 137, 145 n. 3, 99 S.Ct. 2689, 61 L.Ed.2d 433 (1979).

This may also have some non-1983 causes of action too

Mocking people for being in a fight you haven't had to experience, yet, is a major reason why the nation is going to the commies.
    This guy.

Utah Vs Florida (Sheriff Associations)

The following letter was sent to the Obama regime by the Utah Sheriff Association. I marvel when considering that the Fl sheriff association actively opposes the Bill of Rights, especially the right to bear arms.

The Honorable Barack Obama
    President of the United States of America
    The White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
    Washington, DC 20500

Dear President Obama:

We, the elected sheriffs of Utah, like so many of our fellow Americans, are literally heartbroken for the loved ones of the murdered victims in Connecticut. As Utahans, we are not strangers to this kind of carnage—one of the latest being the 2007 Trolley Square murders wherein nine innocents were gunned down—five losing their lives . . .

We also recognize the scores of other recent domestic massacres, which have decimated countless honorable lives. As Americans, we value the sanctity of life. Furthermore, similar to our inspired Founders, we acknowledge our subservience to a higher power.

With the number of mass shootings America has endured, it is easy to demonize firearms; it is also foolish and prejudiced. Firearms are nothing more than instruments, valuable and potentially dangerous, but instruments nonetheless. Malevolent souls, like the criminals who commit mass murders, will always exploit valuable instruments in the pursuit of evil. As professional peace officers, if we understand nothing else, we understand this: lawful violence must sometimes be employed to deter and stop criminal violence. Consequently, the citizenry must continue its ability to keep and bear arms, including arms that adequately protect them from all types of illegality.

As your administration and Congress continue to grapple with the complex issue of firearm regulations, we pray that the Almighty will guide the People’s Representatives collectively. For that reason, it is imperative this discussion be had in Congress, not silenced unilaterally by executive orders. As you deliberate, please remember the Founders of this great nation created the Constitution, and its accompanying Bill of Rights, in an effort to protect citizens from all forms of tyrannical subjugation.

We respect the Office of the President of the United States of America. But, make no mistake, as the duly-elected sheriffs of our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights—in particular Amendment II—has given them. We, like you, swore a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation.

The Utah Sheriffs’ Association

(signed by 29 members)

Is this deputy still employed?
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post

Probably promoted. I'd say deputy Cox has what it takes to be a big city police chief.

Not even joking: this guy is that excitable??? I do not feel safe knowing he has a badge and a gun. We need some common sense laws to get a guy like this off our streets.
    Last edited by 77zach; 01-20-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Probably promoted. I'd say deputy Cox has what it takes to be a big city police chief.

Not even joking: this guy is that excitable??? I do not feel safe knowing he has a badge and a gun. We need some common sense laws to get a guy like this off our streets.
    We had three Durham police officers arrested recently for assault, and some other crimes while harassing citizens. Not all departments condone bad behavior. But it does take solid cases to get them arrested. Deputy Cox, IMO, is a solid case of assault and false imprisonment.

http://www.wral.com/three-durham-pol...ance/11999150/
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Yup.
    Director,
    Florida Carry, Inc.

Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife.
    -Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes
    Brown v. United States, 1921

As mentioned earlier, probbaly promoted. Dawsey is very open about promoting violence against any population that would defy his kingship. Dean got him started and is in the FL senate now obstructiong anything related to human rights. They're birds of a feather. That's a part of Florida you can forget the Bill of Rights in. If they don't like you they just kill you. I'm surprised this Deputy shows so much restraint compared tot eh rest of them. There wouldn't be a video; every witness woud be dead and you'd never hear about it.

The video has generated some buzz and the proper spin in the press

News 4 Jaxs WJXT - Man-arrested-despite-legally-carrying-gun-in-Florida
    Wow, sometimes they report it AND get it right. Very little support for the officers actions and demeanor in the comment section.

Quote Originally Posted by spacecoast321 View Post
    News 4 Jaxs WJXT - Man-arrested-despite-legally-carrying-gun-in-Florida
    Wow, sometimes they report it AND get it right. Very little support for the officers actions and demeanor in the comment section.
    Glad the officer was suspended, but it took them THREE years to do it. They knew from the start that he violated he man's rights, he should have been fired then, not three years later. It is downright a crime IMO to sit on bad behavior until it is pointed out viral on the internet. The department needs a new sheriff, and the prosecutor too. The officer should have been charged with a crime.

Thank God for the dash cam.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 01-30-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Glad the officer was suspended, but it took them THREE years to do it. The knew from the start that he violated he man's rights, he should have been fired then, not three years later.
    A (presumably paid) suspension is a long way from being fired. The lack of action by the prosecutor likely means they can't fire him without massive effort, which few government agencies will bother with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast