• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hypocrisy?

SFCRetired

Am I the only one who thinks it is the very heighth of hypocrisy that those who are calling most stridently for "gun control" are those who either have 24/7 armed security for themselves and their families or, as in the case of one certain Senator, hold concealed carry permits and are known to carry?

aa1911

nope, it's painfully obvious.

If my house has to become a gun free zone, then so should the white house. If I don't need any semi-autos to protect myself, then Mr. O does not deserve the same.

Good ole Fine-swine has her own gun and CCW also; but she wouldn't dare let us serfs have guns!

hypocrites...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Am I the only one who thinks it is the very heighth of hypocrisy that those who are calling most stridently for "gun control" are those who either have 24/7 armed security for themselves and their families or, as in the case of one certain Senator, hold concealed carry permits and are known to carry?

No. But, I don't particularly get upset about it.

Hypocrisy seems to be a pretty common human condition; most folks are a bit hypocritical about something. I don't give it much thought anymore.

Oh, don't pass up the chance to use it as a counter-argument. Just don't let it bother you too much.

beebobby

nope, it's painfully obvious.

If my house has to become a gun free zone, then so should the white house. If I don't need any semi-autos to protect myself, then Mr. O does not deserve the same.

Good ole Fine-swine has her own gun and CCW also; but she wouldn't dare let us serfs have guns!

hypocrites...

You are actually trying to equate your need for protection with that of the CIC? Astounding! Also, I haven't heard about any effort to make private homes gun free zones.

WalkingWolf

You are actually trying to equate your need for protection with that of the CIC? Astounding! Also, I haven't heard about any effort to make private homes gun free zones.

Yes I am, and more importantly so is the need of our children, families, and friends. I hate to break this to you but Obama is not royalty or a god. He is supposedly a citizen like the rest of us, only he is our employee. The employers should make the rules not the employees.

Ummm Chicago homes was a gun free zone and so was DC until SCOTUS corrected that glitch.

mobiushky

I don't swear, so I'll tone it down. DARN FREAKING RIGHT I WOULD!!!! The CIC is nothing more than a person who is to lead. And not to be a conspiracy nut, but the world will go on even if he is killed. I'm not advocating any violence against any leaders at all. But no person in this country deserves MORE protection than I do by nature of their position. Bottom line, I have the right to protect my self equally to that right of the president. The president is NO BETTER human for having been elected. He is still a person and has the right to self protection. SO AM I.