Thread: Shooting at school in Ca. this morning?

Shooting at school in Ca. this morning?

Just heard something on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Just heard something on the radio.
    Yup - evidently they are still clearing the school, but they have the 'shooter'

Nothing for certain, but information seems to be leaning toward the theory that it was an ND from a shotgun in a student's backpack.

FYI, an active member on CalGuns.net and owner of Ten Percent Firearms is a teacher at that High School.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjones View Post
    Yup - evidently they are still clearing the school, but they have the 'shooter'

Nothing for certain, but information seems to be leaning toward the theory that it was an ND from a shotgun in a student's backpack.

FYI, an active member on CalGuns.net and owner of Ten Percent Firearms is a teacher at that High School.
    I so do want to hear that explanation in the clear.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Centurion
    /Sarcasm on: It couldn't have happened, after all, you have the Federal Gun Free School Zone law, the California State Gun Free School Zone law, the Federal prohibition against anyone under 21 making a purchase of a firearm, and California's requirement that all firearms purchases, gifts, exchanges, transfers be done by a FFL. And we all know that even CRIMINALS will always follow and abide by all firearms regulations!

So he must have used an AR15 Assault full auto shotgun with the infamous "black thingy that goes up" and a 30 round magazine!
    /Sarcasm off

Cudo/s to the brave and unarmed teachers/administrators that successfully talked down an angry student with a shotgun who had already shot other students. It is an absolute terrible shame that these brave folks were prohibited from having effective self defense options by both state and federal misguided laws!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    So he must have used an AR15 Assault full auto shotgun with the infamous "black thingy that goes up" and a 30 round magazine!
    Well, he had a AR in his car...wait, not his car (he's too young) .. hey BOB! Where was that AR ? In his house, his 2nd cousins house????

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I so do want to hear that explanation in the clear.
    Its since been found to not be true.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjones View Post
    Its since been found to not be true.
    Got a link/cite to correction?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Got a link/cite to correction?
    No, but I'm 99% sure it was on KFI yesterday during the John & Ken show's review of statements from Sheriff Youngblood (The Kern County Sheriff)

The details, as I remember them, were that a neighbor saw the kid with the shotgun entering the school campus and called 911. Evidently the shooter was late to school. He entered a classroom in the science building. He then shot 1 kid, called out another kid, took a shot and missed and/or grazed him. Evidently the teacher put himself between the kids and shooter while getting his kids to evacuate. They said the teacher and a school resource officer were able to talk the shooter down from continuing. Sheriffs were said to have responded within 60 seconds of the neighbor 911 call. It was unclear how long it took to have the shooter in custody.

The above is essentially 4th hand info, so who knows how right/wrong it is.
    Last edited by mjones; 01-12-2013 at 04:57 PM.