• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting at school in Ca. this morning?

mjones

Just heard something on the radio.

Yup - evidently they are still clearing the school, but they have the 'shooter'

Nothing for certain, but information seems to be leaning toward the theory that it was an ND from a shotgun in a student's backpack.

FYI, an active member on CalGuns.net and owner of Ten Percent Firearms is a teacher at that High School.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yup - evidently they are still clearing the school, but they have the 'shooter'

Nothing for certain, but information seems to be leaning toward the theory that it was an ND from a shotgun in a student's backpack.

FYI, an active member on CalGuns.net and owner of Ten Percent Firearms is a teacher at that High School.

I so do want to hear that explanation in the clear.

JoeSparky

Centurion
/Sarcasm on: It couldn't have happened, after all, you have the Federal Gun Free School Zone law, the California State Gun Free School Zone law, the Federal prohibition against anyone under 21 making a purchase of a firearm, and California's requirement that all firearms purchases, gifts, exchanges, transfers be done by a FFL. And we all know that even CRIMINALS will always follow and abide by all firearms regulations!

So he must have used an AR15 Assault full auto shotgun with the infamous "black thingy that goes up" and a 30 round magazine!
/Sarcasm off

Cudo/s to the brave and unarmed teachers/administrators that successfully talked down an angry student with a shotgun who had already shot other students. It is an absolute terrible shame that these brave folks were prohibited from having effective self defense options by both state and federal misguided laws!

davidmcbeth

Banned
So he must have used an AR15 Assault full auto shotgun with the infamous "black thingy that goes up" and a 30 round magazine!

Well, he had a AR in his car...wait, not his car (he's too young) .. hey BOB! Where was that AR ? In his house, his 2nd cousins house????

mjones

Got a link/cite to correction?

No, but I'm 99% sure it was on KFI yesterday during the John & Ken show's review of statements from Sheriff Youngblood (The Kern County Sheriff)

The details, as I remember them, were that a neighbor saw the kid with the shotgun entering the school campus and called 911. Evidently the shooter was late to school. He entered a classroom in the science building. He then shot 1 kid, called out another kid, took a shot and missed and/or grazed him. Evidently the teacher put himself between the kids and shooter while getting his kids to evacuate. They said the teacher and a school resource officer were able to talk the shooter down from continuing. Sheriffs were said to have responded within 60 seconds of the neighbor 911 call. It was unclear how long it took to have the shooter in custody.

The above is essentially 4th hand info, so who knows how right/wrong it is.

Last edited: