Thread: Gun Policy at New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center

Gun Policy at New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center

I did a quick search & didn't find anything here so please no flames if I missed something.

I'm coming to NOLA for a conference in early spring that will be held at the
    New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. I checked their site & couldn't find anything there regarding OC or CC. My event will not probably allow OC & it might be a bad business decision for me to be that visible so, I'm mostly interested in the restrictions / laws that might impact me CC at the conference center. I have several permits that have reciprocity with LA.

Any feedback and/or cites/references are appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by jskp229; 01-10-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Come on guys - over a hundred views & no one know anything about the convention center?

Thanks i advance for any help you can provide.

I'd love to help but I have nothing. I never go down there.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by jskp229 View Post
    I did a quick search & didn't find anything here so please no flames if I missed something.

I'm coming to NOLA for a conference in early spring that will be held at the
    New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. I checked their site & couldn't find anything there regarding OC or CC. My event will not probably allow OC & it might be a bad business decision for me to be that visible so, I'm mostly interested in the restrictions / laws that might impact me CC at the conference center. I have several permits that have reciprocity with LA.

Any feedback and/or cites/references are appreciated.

Thanks
    What they can not see..........im just saying.

If its a city or state owned facility and security is provided .CC is not allowed. The fair in shreveport as example. Its a state and city owned property and the security is SPD so no weapons allowed even CC.Im guessing its state wide.

NOPD usually takes a dim view of people exercising their rights and will try to arrest you because part of the weapon is holstered , therefore "concealed" even though the supreme court struck that down in the '70s (Fluker(?) vs....)Take care when speaking to them. Some ar every good men, but others have very big "chips" on their shoulders and don't like you having a weapon.