• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Policy at New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center

jskp229

I did a quick search & didn't find anything here so please no flames if I missed something.

I'm coming to NOLA for a conference in early spring that will be held at the
New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. I checked their site & couldn't find anything there regarding OC or CC. My event will not probably allow OC & it might be a bad business decision for me to be that visible so, I'm mostly interested in the restrictions / laws that might impact me CC at the conference center. I have several permits that have reciprocity with LA.

Any feedback and/or cites/references are appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

estcrh

I did a quick search & didn't find anything here so please no flames if I missed something.

I'm coming to NOLA for a conference in early spring that will be held at the
New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. I checked their site & couldn't find anything there regarding OC or CC. My event will not probably allow OC & it might be a bad business decision for me to be that visible so, I'm mostly interested in the restrictions / laws that might impact me CC at the conference center. I have several permits that have reciprocity with LA.

Any feedback and/or cites/references are appreciated.

Thanks
What they can not see..........im just saying.

55bowtie

If its a city or state owned facility and security is provided .CC is not allowed. The fair in shreveport as example. Its a state and city owned property and the security is SPD so no weapons allowed even CC.Im guessing its state wide.

Da Shrimper

NOPD usually takes a dim view of people exercising their rights and will try to arrest you because part of the weapon is holstered , therefore "concealed" even though the supreme court struck that down in the '70s (Fluker(?) vs....)Take care when speaking to them. Some ar every good men, but others have very big "chips" on their shoulders and don't like you having a weapon.:uhoh: