• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you think ????

Sorcice

It will only take one of the volunteers to show off his sidearm to some enthusiastic kid that asks to see it and NDs. Then the media will grab it and run. Oh and 1000 hrs ?? I doubt it.

MKEgal

I think it's an extremely biased piece, starting with the title,
and I think the Sheriff needs a bit better communication with the schools & town leaders,
and I think it has no connection to Wisconsin.

For those who would like an excerpt...
Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio Lets Vigilante Patrols Loose To ‘Protect’ Schools
The patrols will not be on the school campuses but patrolling the area in cars and, one assumes, on foot. Nobody questions their intentions, however it is disquieting that the minds of these men appear to be squarely set on using their guns to deal with any emergencies that may arise. There is a reason vigilantism is illegal. This is not the Wild West, no matter how much Sheriff Joe fantasizes that it is. With 3,000 armed men, some of whom are criminals — Joe is not being very transparent about who they are and what they did — prowling around looking for reasons to use their Joe-given authority and their guns, what could possibly go wrong?

Looking for reasons to shoot, looking for reasons to use their guns...
who is this nutcase writer??
She obviously has no clue of how the vast majority of LACs feel about the prospect of acting in self-defense.
Obviously she does question their intentions.