• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ron Johnson's propsed legislation

Law abider

I sent senator Johnson an e mail regarding Obummers misuse of executive order regarding gun control. Executive orders have been misused in the past by presidents on both sides. They peaked with FDR: around 3000. I have no confidence in the Republican party because they will cave in to Obama's demands. I am sure of it.

Anyway Ron didn't specifically answer my question on what does he propose to do if Obama writes an executive order on gun control, but he does have a bill in congress. This is the fastest reply i have gotten from him: 12 hrs.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding your thoughts on federal gun control measures in light of the recent tragedy in Connecticut. A terrible and incomprehensible act of violence took place at Sandy Hook Elementary School. We are all deeply impacted by the horror of little children and brave adults being murdered. There are many serious issues that will need to be discussed and considered in the weeks and months to come. But right now, our primary concern should be for the families and the community of Newtown.
At moments like this, America comes together to mourn and support one another. We will do so again in the coming days, and then search for answers on how to prevent such tragedies in the future
As your Senator, I believe it is my primary responsibility to uphold the Constitution and the Second Amendment is no exception. I will continue to strongly support our Second Amendment rights. One of the bills I have chosen to cosponsor regarding the Second Amendment is S. 570 introduced by Senator Jon Tester (D-MT) on March 14, 2011. This bill would prohibit the Department of Justice from tracking and cataloguing the purchases of multiple rifles and shotguns.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts . It is important for me to hear the views and c oncerns of the people I serve. Please feel free to contact me in the future if I can further assist you or your family. It is an honor representing you and the good people of Wisconsin in the U.S. Senate.

Sincerely,

Ron Johnson
United States Senator

Carryon

Is a canned reply. Is going out if you write him on anything related to it. I got the same response a couple weeks ago.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Is a canned reply. Is going out if you write him on anything related to it. I got the same response a couple weeks ago.

Over years I have written dozens of letters to my repersentives in both house. All I ever got back is a canned response.

It is my understand they do keep a tally sheet of the yeas and nays on a issue the more or less of one might influence there vote.

At least one knows they were told about the issue

range rat

I sent senator Johnson an e mail regarding Obummers misuse of executive order regarding gun control. Executive orders have been misused in the past by presidents on both sides. They peaked with FDR: around 3000. I have no confidence in the Republican party because they will cave in to Obama's demands. I am sure of it.

Anyway Ron didn't specifically answer my question on what does he propose to do if Obama writes an executive order on gun control, but he does have a bill in congress. This is the fastest reply i have gotten from him: 12 hrs.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding your thoughts on federal gun control measures in light of the recent tragedy in Connecticut. A terrible and incomprehensible act of violence took place at Sandy Hook Elementary School. We are all deeply impacted by the horror of little children and brave adults being murdered. There are many serious issues that will need to be discussed and considered in the weeks and months to come. But right now, our primary concern should be for the families and the community of Newtown.
At moments like this, America comes together to mourn and support one another. We will do so again in the coming days, and then search for answers on how to prevent such tragedies in the future
As your Senator, I believe it is my primary responsibility to uphold the Constitution and the Second Amendment is no exception. I will continue to strongly support our Second Amendment rights. One of the bills I have chosen to cosponsor regarding the Second Amendment is S. 570 introduced by Senator Jon Tester (D-MT) on March 14, 2011. This bill would prohibit the Department of Justice from tracking and cataloguing the purchases of multiple rifles and shotguns.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts . It is important for me to hear the views and c oncerns of the people I serve. Please feel free to contact me in the future if I can further assist you or your family. It is an honor representing you and the good people of Wisconsin in the U.S. Senate.

Sincerely,

Ron Johnson
United States Senator

An here i Thought i had a one of a kind....

Dear Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding your thoughts on federal gun control measures in light of the recent tragedy in Connecticut.
A terrible and incomprehensible act of violence took place at Sandy Hook Elementary School. We are all deeply impacted by the horror of little children and brave adults being murdered. There are many serious issues that will need to be discussed and considered in the weeks and months to come. But right now, our primary concern should be for the families and the community of Newtown.

Sincerely,

Ron Johnson
United States Senator