Thread: LC1783 - Prohibit state enforcement of any federal ban on semi-auto firearms/magazine

LC1783 - Prohibit state enforcement of any federal ban on semi-auto firearms/magazine

Looks like law makers are preparing for the scenario in which a federal level ban on magazine and or firearms is passed by drafting a bill that would prohibit enforcement within the state.

In the case that a federal law is passed, and the local state bill is passed, it would likely setup a states right showdown.

Requester Kerns Krayton
    Drafter Burkhardt Julianne
    http://laws.leg.mt.gov/legprd/LAW0210w$BSIV.ActionQuery?P_BILL_DFT_NO5=LC1783&Z_ ACTION=Find&P_SESS=20131
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

LC1783 - Prohibit state enforcement of any federal ban on semi-auto firearms/magazine

good to see the states picking up their stuff and telling big govt where they can stick it. hope it works!
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

This is a bit more than a 10th Amendment action. It is also a necessary application of the 2nd Amendment.

This is precisely WHY.......we have the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution - to counter threats upon " the security of a free state ........."

This federal attempt to violate the 2A by restricting "......A well regulated (supplied, equiped, and fitted out for service) militia being NECESSARY to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed (nor restricted by laws, or regulations enacted in violation of this provision).
    Last edited by rushcreek2; 01-18-2013 at 12:40 PM.