• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WY response to the Obama Administration's 2A assault that we should push for in MI

Bearhawk

This applies to Michigan as we could do the same if our state government grew a spine. WY state rep Kendell Kroeker has sponsored and introduced HB0104, the Firearms Protection Act. It basically is using the 10th Amendment to nullify anything the Feds come up with in regards to gun control. Some highlights read
"6 (b) Any official, agent or employee of the United
7 States government who enforces or attempts to enforce any
8 act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of the United
9 States government upon a personal firearm, a firearm
10 accessory or ammunition that is owned or manufactured
11 commercially or privately in Wyoming and that remains
12 exclusively within the borders of Wyoming shall be guilty
13 of a felony and, upon conviction, shall be
14 subject to imprisonment for not less than one (1) year
15 and one (1) day or more than five (5) years, a fine of not
16 more than five thousand
17 dollars ($5,000.00), or both.
...goes on to say
2 (d) Any federal law, rule, regulation or order
3 created or effective on or after January 1, 2013 shall be
4 unenforceable within the borders of Wyoming if the law,
5 rule, regulation or order attempts to:
7 (i) Ban or restrict ownership of a semi-
8 automatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm; or
10 (ii) Require any firearm, magazine or other
11 firearm accessory to be registered in any manner.
13 Section 2. This act is effective immediately upon
14 completion of all acts necessary for a bill to become law
15 as provided by Article 4, Section 8 of the Wyoming
16 Constitution."

This ties to Michigan as well as I forwarded the WY proposed bill to the State Senator Mike Green (who sponsored the SB59 bill) and asked if he could introduce something like this in Michigan. For the complete proposal see http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2013/Introduced/HB0104.pdf

I say Ken Kroeker for President! If this goes through and a ban from Washington comes out I may have to move to WY in 2013.

Bearhawk

Even Better

I really think the following would be even better. This uses the 10th Amendment to gain back the 2nd. WY though does make it a felony for any officer to try to enforce the federal law. Anyhow, from the 10th Amendment Center

"*******
AN ACT, which shall be known and may be cited as the “2nd Amendment Preservation Act.”

To prevent federal infringement on the right to keep and bear arms; nullifying all federal acts in violation of the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

SECTION 1 The legislature of the State of Michigan finds that:

A. The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States reads as follows, “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

B. All federal acts, laws, orders, rules or regulations regarding firearms are a violation of the 2nd Amendment

SECTION 2 PROHIBITION ON FEDERAL INFRINGEMENT OF THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS

A. The Legislature of the State of Michigan declares that all federal acts, laws, orders, rules, regulations – past, present or future – in violation of the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States are not authorized by the Constitution of the United States and violate its true meaning and intent as given by the Founders and Ratifiers, and are hereby declared to be invalid in this state, shall not be recognized by this state, are specifically rejected by this state, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this state.

B. It shall be the duty of the legislature of this State to adopt and enact any and all measures as may be necessary to prevent the enforcement of any federal acts, laws, orders, rules, or regulations in violation of the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

SECTION 3 EFFECTIVE DATE

A. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor."

OK, one must have a dream. Let me dream.

DanM

It would probably take compromising away some of our rights to get something like that passed here in Michigan. I, for one, would not be willing to do that and would support a more incremental approach to it.

alphamale

We need to push this in Michigan. Didn't Montana already pass similar legislation to protect their states gun industry?