• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What size firearm do you OC?

FreeInAZ

I carry the "Isaac Hayes Load-out"!

"You can never have enough" :p

[video=youtube;zhe58xORWG0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhe58xORWG0[/video]

FerretMI

Smith & Wesson Govt. 1911 (5") in a Serpa level 2. Probably going to swap out the 1911 with a full-size S&W M&P in .357 Sig soon. I also carry a Sig P238 BUG in the front pocket. I would OC the Sig, but I can't find a good retention holster for it; I prefer more than passive retention (e.g. a switch, hood, strap, etc.). Most any holster is made to conceal it or looks ridiculous for OC. The holster it came with has practically no retention, and basically broke when it was tightened up. A piece of crap, just like the holster that came with the Springfield XD9 Subcompact.

ken243

I switch things up every month or two.

Sig 229 .40 cal
Sig 226 .40 cal
Sig 2022 .40 cal or .357sig
Glock 17 9mm
Glock 19 9mm
Glock 20 10mm
CZ 75B .40 cal
Para 14 Black ops .45 acp

I prefer full size or mid size for comfort, range and accuracy. I have a few "pocket" toys but only take them out in the woods for snakes or critters.

dkutchukk

Smith & Wesson Govt. 1911 (5") in a Serpa level 2. Probably going to swap out the 1911 with a full-size S&W M&P in .357 Sig soon. I also carry a Sig P238 BUG in the front pocket. I would OC the Sig, but I can't find a good retention holster for it; I prefer more than passive retention (e.g. a switch, hood, strap, etc.). Most any holster is made to conceal it or looks ridiculous for OC. The holster it came with has practically no retention, and basically broke when it was tightened up. A piece of crap, just like the holster that came with the Springfield XD9 Subcompact.

Have you looked into getting one custom made from kydex? I had a guy at the gun/knife show at Gibraltar make one for mine at around $75, and it has pretty good retention. While it isn't a level 2/3 or whatever, my dad came up behind me unexpectedly and tried to remove it from the holster, and he nearly lifted me up off the ground (150#). It took him a good 4-6 seconds to remove it, which would give me plenty of time to remove my BUG or give him a few good elbows to the face. Just an option to consider.
sorry for the o/t

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Usually I carry a RIA M1911-A1 FS Tactical, .45ACP. Sometimes I pack a Ruger Police Service Six .357 magnum, or my Taurus PT92AFS 9x19mm NATO. The smallest pistol I OC is my Bulgarian made Makarov PM 9x18mm Makarov.

Glock214

I carry a Gen4 Glock 23 in a cqc black hawk serpa level 2 retention. And two extra mags for my everyday carry. I usually only OC due to it being almost impractical to CC with my sidearm/holster configuration. I print so bad and it looks awkward unless I have a long shirt or jacket. I am looking to purchase a glock 27 for CC (BUG) and looking to get the setup for my serpa to be a shoulder holster. I tried thumb snap holsters, IWB, and they just don't work for me for deep concealment. Although, I do have to say, sometimes I wish I had a good deep concealment holster for those nasty rainy/snowy days or for a family get together where I know they are not keen on me carrying.

Carry On!

Glock214

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I carry a Gen4 Glock 23 in a cqc black hawk serpa level 2 retention. And two extra mags for my everyday carry. I usually only OC due to it being almost impractical to CC with my sidearm/holster configuration. I print so bad and it looks awkward...

Glock214

No, that's just you! (jk) Good to see you here again...

OT, usually a G23 with a Serpa... just like Glock 214 stated above. Past weekend, 7.5 in. Stainless Ruger Redhawk 44mag with belt holster. I will say, people noticed.

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

OC a Glock 26 and sometimes a Smith J frame .38...

Why smaller guns? I'm "compensating" for something. :lol:

Hevymetal

Sig 229 Scorpion TB 9mm - Primary - Serpa lvl 2
CZ-75 Series 88 9mm - Kinda bulky don't often carry
Sig 230 .380 - BUG - IWB CC holster