Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open carry get together

Open carry get together

I would like to attend or organize a open carry get together somewhere in Virginia. I have never Ben to one but I think now is the time for people to see this and realize gun owners are not evil and that we can be nice and polite too. Is anybody else interested in doing this?

Re: Open carry get together

Quote Originally Posted by Slowgto04 View Post
    I would like to attend or organize a open carry get together somewhere in Virginia. I have never Ben to one but I think now is the time for people to see this and realize gun owners are not evil and that we can be nice and polite too. Is anybody else interested in doing this?
    Where about?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Founder's Club Member
    Our member Ed here has a regular breakfast over in the Sterling, VA area on Sunday mornings. I don't see a notice, but I'm sure he can tell you about it if he sees this. That's probably the closest event to you if you want something immediate. If you felt like getting to Richmond, the Richmond folks do a regular breakfast there every Saturday morning too.

Look at the top of the Virginia threads for details on upcoming events.
    Last edited by jmelvin; 01-11-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    I tried to put together a Saturday morning breakfast last month at a little place in Manassas, but because it was too close to Christmas, there were no takers. People asked that we do this in January.

Tell you what. I don't know how well you know Northern Virginia but if you give me some hints, I'll be happy to work with you putting something together, be it breakfast or lunch, weekday or weekend.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Open carry get together

I'd be interested. I've been on the breakfasts once in Sterling and they are fun but its a far drive for me.
    =============================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

The closer it is to Burke/Springfield/Annandale/Fairfax the better chance I may be able to make it as long as work permits me to...

Who here is close enough to Glory Days in the Pan Am center on Nutley Street in Fairfax to go there for a weekday lunch? That is pretty centrally located for many people. If this sounds like a good place to meet, then we can set a date and time. I have met for OC lunches there in the past with no problem.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    I tried to put together a Saturday morning breakfast last month at a little place in Manassas, but because it was too close to Christmas, there were no takers. People asked that we do this in January.

Tell you what. I don't know how well you know Northern Virginia but if you give me some hints, I'll be happy to work with you putting something together, be it breakfast or lunch, weekday or weekend.
    I would be up for this. I could definitely use the help. I have never open carried as I am from maryland but would like to. However I have only long guns and no handgun currently. So I would most likely be carrying the mossberg. I would like to do something to promote gun ownership and show others that it is ok.

Do any of you ever carry long guns?

Do any of you ever carry long guns?
    Welcome to the forum

We do not promote long gun carry due to the un covered trigger. See the forum rules at http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Rule 14 covers long gun carry: (14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions such as California which ban handgun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.
    Last edited by Wolf_shadow; 01-11-2013 at 03:57 PM.

I understand

I understand
    Still come out to an OC lunch or dinner, and meet other gun owners. We accept OC, CC and NC (no carry). You'll find good food, good conversation and meet people that believe in self defense and the 2nd amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_shadow View Post
    Still come out to an OC lunch or dinner, and meet other gun owners. We accept OC, CC and NC (no carry). You'll find good food, good conversation and meet people that believe in self defense and the 2nd amendment.
    I think I will. This just fuels me to go ahead buy a handgun now. Everybody has been sold out of what I want (ria 1911)

Hey SB,

A weekday lunch is great for me, and I'm not too far from Glory Days.

Open carry get together

I scheduled an OC breakfast on Gun Appreciation Day.

If you're in NOVA, come over to FB and RSVP and join us at the Bob Evans in Chantilly

https://www.facebook.com/events/470703782966810/?ref=2
    =============================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

I can do glory days....name the date and time and i'll try to make it as long as work doesn't get in the way....or my bowling league lol

I'm thinking Friday, January 25, at 11:30am for a get together at Glory Days in the Pan Am Center on Nutley Street. If this works for you folks, I'll post the invite on another thread.

Slowgto04;

Definitely try to pick up a handgun for this so you can get the full effect and feel of what it's like to enjoy one of our most important freedoms. I have had lunch with more than a few Marylanders who came over here to carry and meet with some of us and they loved it.

America First!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Build it and they will come - include the date in your title, ask for a sticky.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    That's the usual course of action but here we have a slight deviation. The OP lives in Maryland and says he doesn't have a handgun.... yet. I would like to give him the chance to get one first if that is possible, plus the fact that since this is his thread, he should be the primary decision taker as to place and time.

BTW, how do you request a sticky? By sending a message to John? Have not yet done this in the six years I have been on this site.

America First!

That's the usual course of action but here we have a slight deviation. The OP lives in Maryland and says he doesn't have a handgun.... yet. I would like to give him the chance to get one first if that is possible, plus the fact that since this is his thread, he should be the primary decision taker as to place and time.

BTW, how do you request a sticky? By sending a message to John? Have not yet done this in the six years I have been on this site.
    Get don't worry about me,lol. If I can't find the gun I want then go ahead and do this without me. I'm sure there will be a chance for me here soon.

Get don't worry about me,lol. If I can't find the gun I want then go ahead and do this without me. I'm sure there will be a chance for me here soon.
    Slowgto04 just so you understand you don't need the handgun to go to an OC meet and eat. You can still enjoy good conversation and pickup tips and information. Go any enjoy the company even if you can't find the gun right away.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

When seen/noticed by the administration will be sitckied as a matter of course or send me a PM with a link to the thread.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

When seen/noticed by the administration will be sitckied as a matter of course or send me a PM with a link to the thread.
    Thanks, gotcha.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_shadow View Post
    Slowgto04 just so you understand you don't need the handgun to go to an OC meet and eat. You can still enjoy good conversation and pickup tips and information. Go any enjoy the company even if you can't find the gun right away.
    Yep, he's more than welcome to join us for a get together. Having a sidearm just makes it all the more meaningful for him since he can't do this in Maryland.

So I'll post an invite as mentioned in my post above.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 01-12-2013 at 11:45 AM.

America First!

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    I think I will. This just fuels me to go ahead buy a handgun now. Everybody has been sold out of what I want (ria 1911)

Gadsen's Guns had one on the shelf this morning, at $459.

Oh, wait ... you said you're in MD. Well, they could ship it to your FFL. Their contact info is on their page.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast