• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry get together

Slowgto04

I would like to attend or organize a open carry get together somewhere in Virginia. I have never Ben to one but I think now is the time for people to see this and realize gun owners are not evil and that we can be nice and polite too. Is anybody else interested in doing this?

mpguy

I would like to attend or organize a open carry get together somewhere in Virginia. I have never Ben to one but I think now is the time for people to see this and realize gun owners are not evil and that we can be nice and polite too. Is anybody else interested in doing this?

Where about?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Our member Ed here has a regular breakfast over in the Sterling, VA area on Sunday mornings. I don't see a notice, but I'm sure he can tell you about it if he sees this. That's probably the closest event to you if you want something immediate. If you felt like getting to Richmond, the Richmond folks do a regular breakfast there every Saturday morning too.

Look at the top of the Virginia threads for details on upcoming events.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I tried to put together a Saturday morning breakfast last month at a little place in Manassas, but because it was too close to Christmas, there were no takers. People asked that we do this in January.

Tell you what. I don't know how well you know Northern Virginia but if you give me some hints, I'll be happy to work with you putting something together, be it breakfast or lunch, weekday or weekend.

supranite90

The closer it is to Burke/Springfield/Annandale/Fairfax the better chance I may be able to make it as long as work permits me to...

SouthernBoy

Who here is close enough to Glory Days in the Pan Am center on Nutley Street in Fairfax to go there for a weekday lunch? That is pretty centrally located for many people. If this sounds like a good place to meet, then we can set a date and time. I have met for OC lunches there in the past with no problem.

Slowgto04

I tried to put together a Saturday morning breakfast last month at a little place in Manassas, but because it was too close to Christmas, there were no takers. People asked that we do this in January.

Tell you what. I don't know how well you know Northern Virginia but if you give me some hints, I'll be happy to work with you putting something together, be it breakfast or lunch, weekday or weekend.

I would be up for this. I could definitely use the help. I have never open carried as I am from maryland but would like to. However I have only long guns and no handgun currently. So I would most likely be carrying the mossberg. I would like to do something to promote gun ownership and show others that it is ok.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
Do any of you ever carry long guns?
Welcome to the forum

We do not promote long gun carry due to the un covered trigger. See the forum rules at http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Rule 14 covers long gun carry: (14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions such as California which ban handgun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.

Last edited:

Slowgto04

Still come out to an OC lunch or dinner, and meet other gun owners. We accept OC, CC and NC (no carry). You'll find good food, good conversation and meet people that believe in self defense and the 2nd amendment.

I think I will. This just fuels me to go ahead buy a handgun now. Everybody has been sold out of what I want (ria 1911)

supranite90

I can do glory days....name the date and time and i'll try to make it as long as work doesn't get in the way....or my bowling league lol

SouthernBoy

I'm thinking Friday, January 25, at 11:30am for a get together at Glory Days in the Pan Am Center on Nutley Street. If this works for you folks, I'll post the invite on another thread.

Slowgto04;

Definitely try to pick up a handgun for this so you can get the full effect and feel of what it's like to enjoy one of our most important freedoms. I have had lunch with more than a few Marylanders who came over here to carry and meet with some of us and they loved it.

SouthernBoy

Build it and they will come - include the date in your title, ask for a sticky.

That's the usual course of action but here we have a slight deviation. The OP lives in Maryland and says he doesn't have a handgun.... yet. I would like to give him the chance to get one first if that is possible, plus the fact that since this is his thread, he should be the primary decision taker as to place and time.

BTW, how do you request a sticky? By sending a message to John? Have not yet done this in the six years I have been on this site.

Slowgto04

That's the usual course of action but here we have a slight deviation. The OP lives in Maryland and says he doesn't have a handgun.... yet. I would like to give him the chance to get one first if that is possible, plus the fact that since this is his thread, he should be the primary decision taker as to place and time.

BTW, how do you request a sticky? By sending a message to John? Have not yet done this in the six years I have been on this site.

Get don't worry about me,lol. If I can't find the gun I want then go ahead and do this without me. I'm sure there will be a chance for me here soon.