Thread: The first VCDL positions I've seen this year

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

The first VCDL positions I've seen this year

So far I have to support VCDL's opinion 98%. The one I disagree with, I only mildly disagree. Go Philip!

From VCDL Alert

*************************************************3 . 4 good bills and 12 bad bills submitted in the General Assembly so far... more to come********************************************** ***I am analyzing the gun bills that are being introduced. Bad ones so far include:* Forcing gun show promoters to provide background checks on private sales (making gun shows impractical to have)* Tightening emergency protective order disarmament,* Penalty for failure to report a stolen gun quickly enough* Civil liability for person whose gun is stolen and used in a crime* Libraries to be allowed to ban guns* Misdemeanor domestic violence conviction to disable a person from owning firearms* Making it harder to find a course to satisfy the training requirement for a CHP* Removes exception which allows unloaded guns stored in containers (or rifles/shotguns in a rack) in a motor vehicle on K-12 school propertyGood bills:* Allows open carry without a CHP in General Assembly builidings* Allows teachers and specified other people to carry concealed in K-12 schools* Allows employees of locksmiths or electronic security personnel to be able to carry on the job if they have a CHP* Allows armed security guards at schools******************************************* ******4. Link to Facebook page for VCDL Lobby Day*********************************************** **https://www.facebook.com/events/212177935538984
    Last edited by peter nap; 01-11-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Founder's Club Member
    Saw that earlier and I was pleased.

Link to Facebook page for VCDL Lobby Day*********************************************** **https://www.facebook.com/events/212177935538984
    Would someone please copy/paste into a PM (if that's the easiest way to go) whatever is on the FacePage/MyBook site.*

Some of us do not do social media, and some of us actually have one or more valid reasons for not doing it.

I swear it's more than likely the revolution is going to not only start without my knowing when/where to show up, but may in fact be over before someone gets around to remembering to email me about it.

stay safe.

* - or explain how I can look without having to become a "member" again
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

If all you want is a read capability, sign up with an alias. Then go into the privacy and account settings and restrict access to the max allowed.

Would someone please copy/paste into a PM (if that's the easiest way to go) whatever is on the FacePage/MyBook site.*

Some of us do not do social media, and some of us actually have one or more valid reasons for not doing it.

I swear it's more than likely the revolution is going to not only start without my knowing when/where to show up, but may in fact be over before someone gets around to remembering to email me about it.

stay safe.

Skid I just looked over some. Looks like mostly talk about who's going and who needs rides from point a to Richmond. I didn't see anything about issues or special plans. See you there if not before. John

stay safe.

lol the faces of book are great for staying up to date but...................... it really kills productvity

So given the new threats on 2A rights, has preemption for state agencies been moved to the back burner?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by altajava View Post
    So given the new threats on 2A rights, has preemption for state agencies been moved to the back burner?
    It hasn't been introduced yet. My guess is this year is damage control only.