• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SJ5 - Increased terms for Senators

Fallschirjmäger

Increased??
Sounds more like term limits to me. "...to provide that no senator shall serve more than three consecutive terms" and "... no representative shall serve more than six consecutive terms."

Fallschirjmäger

I see your point, but aren't Connecticut Senators currently elected for an unlimited number of two-year terms? The proposed change would limit it to 2 four-year terms which might be seen as a stabilizing influence over the "hot headed"* Representatives of the populace.

Not meaning to say that Connecticut Representatives are hot-headed, or even Representatives in general but I'm half remembering a quote by someone a long time ago about why Senators should have naturally longer terms of elections than Representatives. I believe it was to the effect that the maturity of the Senators being elected to longer terms (and without term limits) would be a tempering influence over the Representatives (which theoretically would be elected for only a short term based upon their championing a particular cause and then returning to their previous position in the community.)

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I would support a proposal to a major change in the government.

Make a constitutional dictatorship. Where shooting the dictator is not a crime. They would serve 10yrs (if they live long enough) and after that be booted out of the state and be exiled to have no contact with anyone in the state and not be allowed to visit the state nor be involved with any business (directly or indirectly).

Maybe a salary of 200K/yr.

Just the highlights of a proposal I would support.

Rickie201

Term Limits

The only reason this bill is proposed is the fear of supporting all these proposed gun bans/restriction extra taxes ect they know they will not be re-elected. Thus giving them longer terms before elections to establish a base for re-election. Read between the lines it is a strong presence on preserving their arses

The only way to protect the inherent freedoms and constitutionalism rights is to eliminate (through the voting process) of course, anyone who does not support what they were sworn to protect. Only then will the govt be for the people by the people.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
The only way to protect the inherent freedoms and constitutionalism rights is to eliminate (through the voting process) of course, anyone who does not support what they were sworn to protect. .

You're no fun ... lol

But yes, they are trying to save their butts ....