Thread: SJ5 - Increased terms for Senators

SJ5 - Increased terms for Senators

Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Increased??
    Sounds more like term limits to me. "...to provide that no senator shall serve more than three consecutive terms" and "... no representative shall serve more than six consecutive terms."

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Increased??
    Sounds more like term limits to me. "...to provide that no senator shall serve more than three consecutive terms" and "... no representative shall serve more than six consecutive terms."
    "and to increase the term of senators from two to four years."
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

I see your point, but aren't Connecticut Senators currently elected for an unlimited number of two-year terms? The proposed change would limit it to 2 four-year terms which might be seen as a stabilizing influence over the "hot headed"* Representatives of the populace.

Not meaning to say that Connecticut Representatives are hot-headed, or even Representatives in general but I'm half remembering a quote by someone a long time ago about why Senators should have naturally longer terms of elections than Representatives. I believe it was to the effect that the maturity of the Senators being elected to longer terms (and without term limits) would be a tempering influence over the Representatives (which theoretically would be elected for only a short term based upon their championing a particular cause and then returning to their previous position in the community.)
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 01-11-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Banned
    I would support a proposal to a major change in the government.

Make a constitutional dictatorship. Where shooting the dictator is not a crime. They would serve 10yrs (if they live long enough) and after that be booted out of the state and be exiled to have no contact with anyone in the state and not be allowed to visit the state nor be involved with any business (directly or indirectly).

Maybe a salary of 200K/yr.

Just the highlights of a proposal I would support.

Term Limits

The only reason this bill is proposed is the fear of supporting all these proposed gun bans/restriction extra taxes ect they know they will not be re-elected. Thus giving them longer terms before elections to establish a base for re-election. Read between the lines it is a strong presence on preserving their arses

The only way to protect the inherent freedoms and constitutionalism rights is to eliminate (through the voting process) of course, anyone who does not support what they were sworn to protect. Only then will the govt be for the people by the people.
    Last edited by Rickie201; 01-12-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickie201 View Post

The only way to protect the inherent freedoms and constitutionalism rights is to eliminate (through the voting process) of course, anyone who does not support what they were sworn to protect. .
    You're no fun ... lol

But yes, they are trying to save their butts ....