• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many Sheriff's here in Nevada would sign this letter?...hmmmmmmm

usmcmustang

It's Time To Stand And Be Counted
The Right of Self Defense for all individuals is a God-given unalienable right that precedes our country's foundation and all government institutions. Our Founders believed this right was so vital that they unanimously declared it as part of the Bill of Rights. Their reference to the Militia within the Second Amendment is not a contradiction, as Founding Father George Mason stated, “I ask sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.” This principle had nothing to do with hunting or target shooting, but had everything to do with liberty.

Whereas, our country is in great turmoil and a new movement is underway to destroy the principles that made America great in the first place and,

Whereas, President Lincoln warned us that if America were ever to be destroyed, such destruction would come from within and,

Whereas, the Federal politicians are ignoring the inner city violence and recidivists, and are proposing registration and confiscation aimed at law abiding citizens and,

Whereas, such statutes will only make criminals out of citizens who are neither criminals nor have the intention of committing any crimes whatsoever and,

Whereas, the Supreme Law of the land expressly forbids gun control in America,

Therefore, in keeping with the Oath we each swore, to protect and defend the United States Constitution, and to do our duty to preserve the rights of the people we work for, we, the Sheriffs of America, do hereby declare and make it known, that we will oppose and disallow, any and all attempts to further erode the rights of the citizens of our counties and parishes. In fine, the rights of the people to keep and bear arms Shall Not Be Infringed.

Please fill in the blanks with your name printed below and the county and state you represent, and then sign in the space provided.
I,________________________________, Sheriff of _________________ county/parish
State of_____________________. Signed_____________________________________

(from http://cspoa.org)

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Washoe and Clark are out, and probably Nye.

That's what, 96% of NV's population?