• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glenn Grothman's Reply

Law abider

I e mailed Glenn with a link to Wyoming's proposed law to protect its residents against federal gun control executive orders. At least I get his thoughts from his aid and hopefully no canned responses. Why is it that he is quick to respond back and others send a somewhat canned responses?

Thank you for contacting our office and for providing a link to the Wyoming Firearms Protection Act. I am confident that the Senator would be supportive of an equivalent in Wisconsin. In the near session, the Senator will be conferring with colleagues regarding this bill idea and other initiatives designed to preserve and protect our 2nd Amendment rights.

Best Regards,
Michael P. Murphy

Office of Sen. Glenn Grothman

20th Senate District

800-662-1227

Firearms Iinstuctor

Nice to have more protections, but it really wouldn't be needed if all our public officials would follow their oath of office and up hold the consitution.

Law abider

Nice to have more protections, but it really wouldn't be needed if all our public officials would follow their oath of office and up hold the consitution.

Firearms, you would know better. I am not sure if most sheriffs would go 'rogue' on federal guncontrol, if the admin passes an EO. I am sure, my sherrif in Pierce county, who is a Democrat would go right along with any such EOs.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Firearms, you would know better. I am not sure if most sheriffs would go 'rogue' on federal guncontrol, if the admin passes an EO. I am sure, my sherrif in Pierce county, who is a Democrat would go right along with any such EOs.[/QUOTE

True but what is stopping them from disobeying another law if they will not obey the consitution why would they obey another law.

Unless we aid penalties that effect LEOs if they break it there is no reason for ones who want to break not to.

So here a good question for all of you.

So under what authority would a sheriif be able to enforce a federal law out lawing certain firearms if the state did not pass a smiular one?

Law abider

Firearms, you would know better. I am not sure if most sheriffs would go 'rogue' on federal guncontrol, if the admin passes an EO. I am sure, my sherrif in Pierce county, who is a Democrat would go right along with any such EOs.[/QUOTE

True but what is stopping them from disobeying another law if they will not obey the consitution why would they obey another law.

Unless we aid penalties that effect LEOs if they break it there is no reason for ones who want to break not to.

So here a good question for all of you.

So under what authority would a sheriif be able to enforce a federal law out lawing certain firearms if the state did not pass a smiular one?

The supremacy clause. If it is enumerated in the US constitution it trumphs state constitution, in my opinion. EG: AZ immigration law was weakened by a federal judge. Now if Wisconsinite law enforcers were to arrest all federal officials if they began to arrest Wisconsinites, then we might have a rebellion in our hands and the military would step in via some federal authority.

Old Grump

Obama won the state by 7% and the town I live next to voted 3 to 1 for Obama. All those hunters who are Obama supporters believe his lies about his support for the 2nd. Only strong conservative policemen and Sheriff's will stop his new draconian policies from overwhelming the average gun owner and shutting down our dealers. We barely got concealed carry with complete Republican control of both houses so we can't count on those same politicians who sway in whatever direction they feel the power comes from. If they have ambitions for higher office they will put their career ahead of morality and their constituents. Unless we can build a fire under the feet of Walker and our legislators. The few on our side are going to need heavy heavy support from us to help them stay the course. Our lawmen need to know we stand four square behind them and their resistance to Federal goons will not leave them standing alone, unprotected and unsupported.

Law abider

Obama won the state by 7% and the town I live next to voted 3 to 1 for Obama. All those hunters who are Obama supporters believe his lies about his support for the 2nd. Only strong conservative policemen and Sheriff's will stop his new draconian policies from overwhelming the average gun owner and shutting down our dealers. We barely got concealed carry with complete Republican control of both houses so we can't count on those same politicians who sway in whatever direction they feel the power comes from. If they have ambitions for higher office they will put their career ahead of morality and their constituents. Unless we can build a fire under the feet of Walker and our legislators. The few on our side are going to need heavy heavy support from us to help them stay the course. Our lawmen need to know we stand four square behind them and their resistance to Federal goons will not leave them standing alone, unprotected and unsupported.

All the E mailing ain't going to help. I have been E mailing Walker and Glenn. Only Glenn's team replied. Any other ideas? Other than showing up with our long guns and hand guns at his office, I don't know of any other strategy. Our new DA said thet he ran with the Democratic ticket bec they alighn with his ideology. I sent a scathing letter to the editor on this. Our sheriff is also a Dem.