Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Judge A. Napolitano on Guns and Feedom

  1. #1
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Judge A. Napolitano on Guns and Feedom

    Fair Use excerpt:

    "The historical reality of the Second Amendment's protection of the right to keep and bear arms is not that it protects the right to shoot deer. It protects the right to shoot tyrants, and it protects the right to shoot at them effectively, thus, with the same instruments they would use upon us."


    Nice turn of phrase.

    http://reason.com/archives/2013/01/10/guns-and-freedom
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chesterfield
    Posts
    340
    Nice!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Its a point I made at a hearing I had trying to gather information regarding equipment police use (FIC case-admin case in my state)... I was and have been deemed to be a "madman", "terrorist", "mentally deficient" etc. by gov't officials in several states.

    And these characterizations are now even have been spouted by members of this forum's community members ... they have been duped into becoming fools.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Fair Use excerpt:

    "The historical reality of the Second Amendment's protection of the right to keep and bear arms is not that it protects the right to shoot deer. It protects the right to shoot tyrants, and it protects the right to shoot at them effectively, thus, with the same instruments they would use upon us."


    Nice turn of phrase.

    http://reason.com/archives/2013/01/10/guns-and-freedom
    Says this is the video that got the Judge fired from Faux News:

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=52b_1329796059

    True?
    Last edited by The Donkey; 11-17-2013 at 09:59 AM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Fair Use excerpt:

    "The historical reality of the Second Amendment's protection of the right to keep and bear arms is not that it protects the right to shoot deer. It protects the right to shoot tyrants, and it protects the right to shoot at them effectively, thus, with the same instruments they would use upon us."


    Nice turn of phrase.

    http://reason.com/archives/2013/01/10/guns-and-freedom
    There is a member here who claims he is smarter than the judge, and the judge is wrong. I have always found the judge to be on point, and a true patriot. He is correct in the above, as well as other interpretations of our constitution.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    There is a member here who claims he is smarter than the judge, and the judge is wrong. I have always found the judge to be on point, and a true patriot. He is correct in the above, as well as other interpretations of our constitution.
    I frequently disagree with the Judge, as I do many smarter people.

    I disagree with some of his thoughts on the video too:

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=52b_1329796059

    I do share some of the sentiments, though.

    It would only confirm my contentions about Fox if Roger Ailes had him fired for this.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    There is a member here who claims he is smarter than the judge, and the judge is wrong. I have always found the judge to be on point, and a true patriot. He is correct in the above, as well as other interpretations of our constitution.
    I never said the judge is wrong about the OP's quote. I happen to agree 100% with him on that point.

    The judge is wrong on other points--as are ALL judges, many on almost ALL points. To believe that a person being a judge makes him right is foolishness.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  8. #8
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I never said the judge is wrong about the OP's quote. I happen to agree 100% with him on that point.

    The judge is wrong on other points--as are ALL judges, many on almost ALL points. To believe that a person being a judge makes him right is foolishness.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    I never said you, clearly you are delusional. But a judge with high credentials is certainly more credible than a foolish clerk who thinks way too much of himself.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    No matter, I have made my point in an adult manner. Folks will surely contrast that with your approach. Moving on.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  10. #10
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    No matter, I have made my point in an adult manner. Folks will surely contrast that with your approach. Moving on.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    A two year old can act more like a adult than a assumptive bully. Which is pretty pathetic attempting to bully on the internet. Only thing more pathetic is those that allow it. You really should move on now.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Fair Use excerpt:

    "The historical reality of the Second Amendment's protection of the right to keep and bear arms is not that it protects the right to shoot deer. It protects the right to shoot tyrants, and it protects the right to shoot at them effectively, thus, with the same instruments they would use upon us."


    Nice turn of phrase.

    http://reason.com/archives/2013/01/10/guns-and-freedom
    I have been banned from numerous forums for posting this link and article. I have even had moderators threaten to report me to police for "terroristic" threats and blah blah blah.

    America has come a long way from the days of 1776.

    Unfortunately there is only a small percentage of people in America who agree with the Judges position here. The remaining 99% think people should be in jail and heavily forced medicated for thinking like this.

  12. #12
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    I have been banned from numerous forums for posting this link and article. I have even had moderators threaten to report me to police for "terroristic" threats and blah blah blah.

    America has come a long way from the days of 1776.

    Unfortunately there is only a small percentage of people in America who agree with the Judges position here. The remaining 99% think people should be in jail and heavily forced medicated for thinking like this.
    Heck you have been banned from this forum. But I agree there are many who support the heavy hand of government, including a few on this site, but I think 99% might be pushing it. I would guess that half of the population either does not care or supports a nanny state. At least until they are the one on the spit.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I never said the judge is wrong about the OP's quote. I happen to agree 100% with him on that point.

    The judge is wrong on other points--as are ALL judges, many on almost ALL points. To believe that a person being a judge makes him right is foolishness.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    Might makes right. Always been that way. True today.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Fair Use excerpt:

    "The historical reality of the Second Amendment's protection of the right to keep and bear arms is not that it protects the right to shoot deer. It protects the right to shoot tyrants, and it protects the right to shoot at them effectively, thus, with the same instruments they would use upon us."


    Nice turn of phrase.

    http://reason.com/archives/2013/01/10/guns-and-freedom
    Napolitano is no Conservative. If he were, he would find no Constitutional "right to shoot tyrants" or "right to shoot at them effectively." The Constitution nowhere mentions these alleged "rights." But the Constitution does provide the right to keep and bear arms -- and one reason for that is because arms are a means to fight tyranny. The authors of these words certainly had the Declaration of Independence's right to "alter and abolish" government that has become "destructive of these ends" in mind. A subtle distinction perhaps: but an important one for a judge to recognize, because different people have different ideas about what tyranny is -- and therefore different ideas about who it might be OK to shoot at. Mostly, a judge's job is to put people who want to shoot at government officials because they regard them as "tyrants" in jail or mental institutions.

    Napolitano was not fired for messing up that subtle distinction.

    If he was fired, he was fired for this:

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=52b_1329796059

    because he suggested that Repubicans might be as bad as Democrats on 2nd Amendment issues, and the many other issues he lists, of importance to the people who his message resonates with, which probably includes a great many people on this forum.

    The libertarian message is only acceptable on Fox if it serves Republican interests. That is Roger Ailes job. He never stopped doing it.

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donkey View Post
    SNIP The Constitution nowhere mentions these alleged "rights." But the Constitution does provide the right to keep and bear arms -- and one reason for that is because arms are a means to fight tyranny.
    <snicker>
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    <snicker>
    Happy to provide a laugh.

    Heard lately, you'd been singing the "blues."

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2049.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	10981

  17. #17
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donkey View Post
    Happy to provide a laugh.

    Heard lately, you'd been singing the "blues."

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2049.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	10981
    (guffaw)

    Nice try.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Heck you have been banned from this forum.
    no I haven't.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    He was probably made invisible. He is likely claiming that is not a "ban." It is.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  20. #20
    Regular Member HPmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,597
    Napalitano is still on Fox News. Comes on Hannity and others. I agree with his constitutional defense - he definitely is a Jeffersonian as it relates to the unalienable rights conferred on citizens by G-d.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

  21. #21
    Regular Member We-the-People's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    White City, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    2,234
    SNIPPED
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donkey View Post
    . . . But the Constitution does provide the right to keep and bear arms -- . . .
    You make a common error. The Constitution does NOT provide us with rights. Nor does the Bill of Rights. This is one of the reasons that Hamilton (and others) were concerned that a Bill of Rights would be construed to be the only rights of the people (Federalist # 84).

    If you read the Bill of Rights you will notice that they restrict the government, not provide rights to the people. Since this is a 2nd amendment board, notice the exact wording of the 2nd amendment. "...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". The right pre exists the Constitution. This is in keeping with the theme of the Declaration of Independence in which the concept of inalienable rights granted by a "creator" is brought forth.

    The Constitution grants limited powers to the federal government. These powers are, for the most part, delineated in Article 1, Section 8. Over time, through judicial "interpretation" and application of the "Necessary and Proper" clause as well as Hamilton's "Implied Powers" doctrine (with which he convinced George Washington to sign the bill authorizing the First Bank of the United States), these limited powers have been expanded beyond anything the founders would recognize.

    The most often abused power granted the federal government is the "Commerce" clause from Article 1, Section 8. It has been used to justify regulation of things such as a farmer growing his own feed, firearms, and most recently "Obamacare".

    No, the Constitution does not provide the right to keep and bear arms. That right belongs to the people independent of the Constitution.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

  22. #22
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,270
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donkey View Post
    Napolitano is no Conservative. If he were, he would find no Constitutional "right to shoot tyrants" or "right to shoot at them effectively." The Constitution nowhere mentions these alleged "rights." But the Constitution does provide the right to keep and bear arms -- and one reason for that is because arms are a means to fight tyranny. The authors of these words certainly had the Declaration of Independence's right to "alter and abolish" government that has become "destructive of these ends" in mind. A subtle distinction perhaps: but an important one for a judge to recognize, because different people have different ideas about what tyranny is -- and therefore different ideas about who it might be OK to shoot at. Mostly, a judge's job is to put people who want to shoot at government officials because they regard them as "tyrants" in jail or mental institutions.

    Napolitano was not fired for messing up that subtle distinction.

    If he was fired, he was fired for this:

    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=52b_1329796059

    because he suggested that Republicans might be as bad as Democrats on 2nd Amendment issues, and the many other issues he lists, of importance to the people who his message resonates with, which probably includes a great many people on this forum.

    The libertarian message is only acceptable on Fox if it serves Republican interests. That is Roger Ailes job. He never stopped doing it.
    How exactly do you fight tyranny if you can not shoot tyrants? I'll know a tyrant when I see one and he'll be the one subjecting me to tyranny. I'm pretty sure you will know a tyrant when you see one because he will be subjecting you to tyranny. Even though your tyrant might not be my tyrant.

    A judges' job is to make sure that folk who do not deserve to go to jail do not go to jail. Think positive.

  23. #23
    Regular Member Whitney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Poulsbo, Kitsap County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    449

    Guns & Freedom the Resistance of Tyranny

    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    How exactly do you fight tyranny if you can not shoot tyrants? I'll know a tyrant when I see one and he'll be the one subjecting me to tyranny. I'm pretty sure you will know a tyrant when you see one because he will be subjecting you to tyranny. Even though your tyrant might not be my tyrant.

    A judges' job is to make sure that folk who do not deserve to go to jail do not go to jail. Think positive.
    Some of you may have seen this before; I just want to reiterate this with a snip from history.

    The uprising of the Warsaw ghetto in April 1943 came as a complete surprise to the Nazis. A small number of youn Jews armed mostly with pistols and a few rifles, hand grenades, and fire bombs offered a strong and desperate resistnace to crack SS troops. Many German soldiers were killed or wounded, and only after days of hard fighting and the use of heavy weapons did the Nazis take control of the ghetto.

    Years later, during a TV show commemorating the uprising, one of the few Jewish survivors remarked, "There is one thing I regret very much; I didn't have a submachine gun"

    I'm pretty confident the people in the Warsaw ghettos knew who the tyrants were.

    You are helpless to resist tyranny without weapons. You resist tyranny by shooting the tyrants.

    ~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post
    Some of you may have seen this before; I just want to reiterate this with a snip from history.

    The uprising of the Warsaw ghetto in April 1943 came as a complete surprise to the Nazis. A small number of youn Jews armed mostly with pistols and a few rifles, hand grenades, and fire bombs offered a strong and desperate resistnace to crack SS troops. Many German soldiers were killed or wounded, and only after days of hard fighting and the use of heavy weapons did the Nazis take control of the ghetto.

    Years later, during a TV show commemorating the uprising, one of the few Jewish survivors remarked, "There is one thing I regret very much; I didn't have a submachine gun"

    I'm pretty confident the people in the Warsaw ghettos knew who the tyrants were.

    You are helpless to resist tyranny without weapons. You resist tyranny by shooting the tyrants.

    ~Whitney
    Great post.

    I don't know much about this event, but I wonder if they tried to focus their efforts on taking the weapons they wanted. The reason many revolutions succeed is that the revolutionaries has inferior weapons to the tyrants, but use what they have to take what they need.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  25. #25
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    How exactly do you fight tyranny if you can not shoot tyrants? I'll know a tyrant when I see one and he'll be the one subjecting me to tyranny. I'm pretty sure you will know a tyrant when you see one because he will be subjecting you to tyranny. Even though your tyrant might not be my tyrant.

    A judges' job is to make sure that folk who do not deserve to go to jail do not go to jail. Think positive.
    Oh, he knows them already.

    Donkey's inability to articulate the right to shoot tyrants arises from nervousness, not inability to see.

    He's a socialist. He's a mouth-piece for tyrants. He advocates for forcing others to pay for various social programs, advocates for Democrat candidates. He full well understands that the right to shoot tyrants means he personally could be a target. The thought that others might exercise their right to shoot tyrants against him is what makes him minimize or invalidate the right.

    He dares not openly acknowledge the right because he full well understands that it could be exercised against him. The last thing he wants is the hosts of his parasitism to understand they have a right to shoot tyrants.
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-20-2013 at 10:40 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •