• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Judge A. Napolitano on Guns and Feedom

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Fair Use excerpt:

"The historical reality of the Second Amendment's protection of the right to keep and bear arms is not that it protects the right to shoot deer. It protects the right to shoot tyrants, and it protects the right to shoot at them effectively, thus, with the same instruments they would use upon us."

Nice turn of phrase.

http://reason.com/archives/2013/01/10/guns-and-freedom

davidmcbeth

Banned
Its a point I made at a hearing I had trying to gather information regarding equipment police use (FIC case-admin case in my state)... I was and have been deemed to be a "madman", "terrorist", "mentally deficient" etc. by gov't officials in several states.

And these characterizations are now even have been spouted by members of this forum's community members ... they have been duped into becoming fools.

The Donkey

Fair Use excerpt:

"The historical reality of the Second Amendment's protection of the right to keep and bear arms is not that it protects the right to shoot deer. It protects the right to shoot tyrants, and it protects the right to shoot at them effectively, thus, with the same instruments they would use upon us."

Nice turn of phrase.

Says this is the video that got the Judge fired from Faux News:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=52b_1329796059

True?

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Fair Use excerpt:

Nice turn of phrase.

There is a member here who claims he is smarter than the judge, and the judge is wrong. I have always found the judge to be on point, and a true patriot. He is correct in the above, as well as other interpretations of our constitution.

The Donkey

There is a member here who claims he is smarter than the judge, and the judge is wrong. I have always found the judge to be on point, and a true patriot. He is correct in the above, as well as other interpretations of our constitution.

I frequently disagree with the Judge, as I do many smarter people.

I disagree with some of his thoughts on the video too:

I do share some of the sentiments, though.

It would only confirm my contentions about Fox if Roger Ailes had him fired for this.

eye95

I never said the judge is wrong about the OP's quote. I happen to agree 100% with him on that point.

The judge is wrong on other points--as are ALL judges, many on almost ALL points. To believe that a person being a judge makes him right is foolishness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

WalkingWolf

I never said the judge is wrong about the OP's quote. I happen to agree 100% with him on that point.

The judge is wrong on other points--as are ALL judges, many on almost ALL points. To believe that a person being a judge makes him right is foolishness.

<o>

I never said you, clearly you are delusional. But a judge with high credentials is certainly more credible than a foolish clerk who thinks way too much of himself.

eye95

No matter, I have made my point in an adult manner. Folks will surely contrast that with your approach. Moving on.

<o>

WalkingWolf

No matter, I have made my point in an adult manner. Folks will surely contrast that with your approach. Moving on.

<o>

A two year old can act more like a adult than a assumptive bully. Which is pretty pathetic attempting to bully on the internet. Only thing more pathetic is those that allow it. You really should move on now.

onus

Fair Use excerpt:

Nice turn of phrase.

I have been banned from numerous forums for posting this link and article. I have even had moderators threaten to report me to police for "terroristic" threats and blah blah blah.

America has come a long way from the days of 1776.

Unfortunately there is only a small percentage of people in America who agree with the Judges position here. The remaining 99% think people should be in jail and heavily forced medicated for thinking like this.

WalkingWolf

I have been banned from numerous forums for posting this link and article. I have even had moderators threaten to report me to police for "terroristic" threats and blah blah blah.

America has come a long way from the days of 1776.

Unfortunately there is only a small percentage of people in America who agree with the Judges position here. The remaining 99% think people should be in jail and heavily forced medicated for thinking like this.

Heck you have been banned from this forum. But I agree there are many who support the heavy hand of government, including a few on this site, but I think 99% might be pushing it. I would guess that half of the population either does not care or supports a nanny state. At least until they are the one on the spit.

davidmcbeth

Banned

<o>

Might makes right. Always been that way. True today.

The Donkey

Fair Use excerpt:

Nice turn of phrase.

Napolitano is no Conservative. If he were, he would find no Constitutional "right to shoot tyrants" or "right to shoot at them effectively." The Constitution nowhere mentions these alleged "rights." But the Constitution does provide the right to keep and bear arms -- and one reason for that is because arms are a means to fight tyranny. The authors of these words certainly had the Declaration of Independence's right to "alter and abolish" government that has become "destructive of these ends" in mind. A subtle distinction perhaps: but an important one for a judge to recognize, because different people have different ideas about what tyranny is -- and therefore different ideas about who it might be OK to shoot at. Mostly, a judge's job is to put people who want to shoot at government officials because they regard them as "tyrants" in jail or mental institutions.

Napolitano was not fired for messing up that subtle distinction.

If he was fired, he was fired for this:

because he suggested that Repubicans might be as bad as Democrats on 2nd Amendment issues, and the many other issues he lists, of importance to the people who his message resonates with, which probably includes a great many people on this forum.

The libertarian message is only acceptable on Fox if it serves Republican interests. That is Roger Ailes job. He never stopped doing it.

HPmatt

Napalitano is still on Fox News. Comes on Hannity and others. I agree with his constitutional defense - he definitely is a Jeffersonian as it relates to the unalienable rights conferred on citizens by G-d.