Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FaceBook blocking Pro-Gun post from members.

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar

FaceBook blocking Pro-Gun post from members.

Several pro-gun, pro-liberty facebook pages have been censored by FaceBook for posting.......You guessed it..pro-gun comments. Several provided links below.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&s...w=1366&bih=673
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Banned
    Everyone here would be banned at facebook I guess....

their website , they can do what they like

we are free to complain about it

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Everyone here would be banned at facebook I guess....

their website , they can do what they like

we are free to complain about it
    But doesn't that strike you as odd???
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

n.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    Strikes me as sinister. There's only about a gazillion fb members. Who's spending the time and energy monitoring all that for pro-gun comments.

I haveta wonder if somebody at the fedgov "suggested" it.
    Last edited by Citizen; 01-12-2013 at 07:31 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I haveta wonder if somebody at the fedgov "suggested" it
    No doubt. Makes one wonder how for they will go to get their agenda pushed?

n.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Strikes me as sinister. There's only about a gazillion fb members. Who's spending the time and energy monitoring all that for pro-gun comments.

I haveta wonder if somebody at the fedgov "suggested" it.

This!
    Facebook is a very powerful social networking site. If they can restrict what is said there it will limit (a little) the response of gun owners.

Several pro-gun, pro-liberty facebook pages have been censored by FaceBook for posting.......You guessed it..pro-gun comments. Several provided links below.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&s...w=1366&bih=673
    link doesn't work anymore, just defaults to google.com with no search parameters

Quote Originally Posted by motoxmann View Post
    link doesn't work anymore, just defaults to google.com with no search parameters
    If you look at the pages themselves, you will find that they are censoring themselves. Pro-Gun posts regularly disappear from http://www.facebook.com/washingtonceasefire

Another page claims
    We are committed to offering a voice to those who have been silent while so many of our children have been harmed by gun violence. No more.
    and Pro-Gun posts disappear frequently.

Here is yet another that Proudly proclaims that they will delete posts from Pro-Gun posters.
    Comments in favor of guns will be removed.
    http://www.facebook.com/washingtonstateforguncontrol
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement. The faults of a few, reflect badly on many, I therefore do not suggest anyone support WAC. My EDC is either a H&K USP .40 or a Taurus 689 .357 filled with Snake Loads

Re: FaceBook blocking Pro-Gun post from members.

Ummmmmmm, nothing at all sinister or unusual about that. It's not Facebook censoring the comments. It's the Brady Bunch that run the pages.

Basically if you post a comment to my timeline either on my profile or my Facebook group that I don't like, I can remove it. But that's only me doing it, not Facebook.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    I don't get why folks use fb. I avoid it like the plague. Their insistence on the production of a ton of personal info just to view content should be a clue as to their nefariousness.

More and more, fb memberships are being required to conduct business. I truly am beginning to wonder if fb membership is not the mark of the beast. I won't take a chance. I won't wear that mark.

Make fb a list of sheep. If you ain't a sheep, close your account. You can't get all that private info back, but you can stop telling them more about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I don't get why folks use fb. I avoid it like the plague. Their insistence on the production of a ton of personal info just to view content should be a clue as to their nefariousness.

More and more, fb memberships are being required to conduct business. I truly am beginning to wonder if fb membership is not the mark of the beast. I won't take a chance. I won't wear that mark.

Make fb a list of sheep. If you ain't a sheep, close your account. You can't get all that private info back, but you can stop telling them more about yourself.
    i took several tries to get out of facebook. you geussed it; i had to get my grandkids to help me out.
    i dont want cookies on me and f.b. is the biggest offender and abusers of cookie's.
    and i dont like being (freinds ) with people ive never met and probably never will.
    i call it spy book.
    i'd rather be a hammer than a nail.

Banned
    Odd? Sort-of ... but they are showing their true colors....

I think it is one of the largest social medias available to advance our rights. It is also one of the worst regarding privacy. Difficult to have it both ways.

I have a facebook account, but, don't subscribe to any of the stuff that "shares" my info such as the games, birthday calendars etc. I share stuff from the gun groups I frequent with my regular "friends" and have been surprised how many actually give back a positive response.

I think the more positive exposure we have the better our fight for rights will be. We will not sway the hardcore antis but may sway some of the fence sitters and the ones that just don't care.

FaceBook blocking Pro-Gun post from members.

I'm proud to say I've been Facebook free since New Year's Eve, right as the ball dropped. Before that, I used an alias. I've tried several times in the past to quit, but it was tough to let go. Its not every day you get to see all your female coworkers sporting their favorite bikini.

This time around, it hasn't been missed... But my email queries for additional bikini shots has been left unanswered.

This is false.

All of my friends pro-gun comments come through loud and clear.

What is with all the disinformation lately?

BOA refusing to allow firearm related purchases.
    Walmart stops selling ammo
    FB blocking pro gun posts.

These threads are making our members look stupid.

Probably due to flaming or posting in improper locations.

I'm a member on several liberal FB groups (because I am a liberal) and my posts even there are still fine. If they get removed its due to being reported by FB users.
    Last edited by KTCerberus; 01-17-2013 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    This is false.

All of my friends pro-gun comments come through loud and clear.

What is with all the disinformation lately?

BOA refusing to allow firearm related purchases.
    Walmart stops selling ammo
    FB blocking pro gun posts.

These threads are making our members look stupid.
    Not false at all (at least not the FB part) . Just because it hasn't happen to you doesn't mean that it hasn't happened to others. I sent an email the other day that had "3%er" in the message and this is what he got instead, "This message was deleted automatically because it contained content that has been flagged as abusive or marked as spam."

n.

What else did the message contain?

As for the thread itself, it's clearly the byproduct of that doesn't know exactly how Facebook groups function. It's possible for a Facebook group administrator to moderate comments and users, much like the forums here.

It's not Facebook deleting your comments, it's the groups. I'm not going to make guesses as to why. I've seen groups remove/block pro gun arguments before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    What else did the message contain?

As for the thread itself, it's clearly the byproduct of that doesn't know exactly how Facebook groups function. It's possible for a Facebook group administrator to moderate comments and users, much like the forums here.

It's not Facebook deleting your comments, it's the groups. I'm not going to make guesses as to why. I've seen groups remove/block pro gun arguments before.

"I wonder how many 3%er's are just waiting" And it wasn't to a group FB page. It was between a friend and myself.

n.

Hmmm, not sure about that. I don't know what a 3%ER is.

Hmmm, not sure about that. I don't know what a 3%ER is.

You're kidding right?

The American Revolution for independence from Britain was fought by about three percent of the population at any given time. Hence the term "Three Percenter" abbreviated in the OP's message was likely a reference to how many would fight if a future revolution were to happen.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

No I'm not kidding. I don't keep up with all the latest memes.

No I'm not kidding. I don't keep up with all the latest memes.

Not exactly the "latest memes."

n.

Quote Originally Posted by We-the-People View Post
    You're kidding right?

The American Revolution for independence from Britain was fought by about three percent of the population at any given time. Hence the term "Three Percenter" abbreviated in the OP's message was likely a reference to how many would fight if a future revolution were to happen.
    Ding, ding, ding...We have a winner!

n.

Ding, ding, ding...We have a winner!
    Would you believe I'm a senior at THE liberal arts college in souther Oregon? Yeah, I'm real popular there.....LOL
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast