• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FaceBook blocking Pro-Gun post from members.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Everyone here would be banned at facebook I guess....

their website , they can do what they like

we are free to complain about it

MamabearCali

Strikes me as sinister. There's only about a gazillion fb members. Who's spending the time and energy monitoring all that for pro-gun comments.

I haveta wonder if somebody at the fedgov "suggested" it.

This!
Facebook is a very powerful social networking site. If they can restrict what is said there it will limit (a little) the response of gun owners.

LkWd_Don

link doesn't work anymore, just defaults to google.com with no search parameters

If you look at the pages themselves, you will find that they are censoring themselves. Pro-Gun posts regularly disappear from http://www.facebook.com/washingtonceasefire

Another page claims
We are committed to offering a voice to those who have been silent while so many of our children have been harmed by gun violence. No more.
and Pro-Gun posts disappear frequently.

Here is yet another that Proudly proclaims that they will delete posts from Pro-Gun posters.
Comments in favor of guns will be removed.

http://www.facebook.com/washingtonstateforguncontrol

Jack House

Ummmmmmm, nothing at all sinister or unusual about that. It's not Facebook censoring the comments. It's the Brady Bunch that run the pages.

Basically if you post a comment to my timeline either on my profile or my Facebook group that I don't like, I can remove it. But that's only me doing it, not Facebook.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

eye95

I don't get why folks use fb. I avoid it like the plague. Their insistence on the production of a ton of personal info just to view content should be a clue as to their nefariousness.

More and more, fb memberships are being required to conduct business. I truly am beginning to wonder if fb membership is not the mark of the beast. I won't take a chance. I won't wear that mark.

Make fb a list of sheep. If you ain't a sheep, close your account. You can't get all that private info back, but you can stop telling them more about yourself.

bellyfat

I don't get why folks use fb. I avoid it like the plague. Their insistence on the production of a ton of personal info just to view content should be a clue as to their nefariousness.

More and more, fb memberships are being required to conduct business. I truly am beginning to wonder if fb membership is not the mark of the beast. I won't take a chance. I won't wear that mark.

Make fb a list of sheep. If you ain't a sheep, close your account. You can't get all that private info back, but you can stop telling them more about yourself.

i took several tries to get out of facebook. you geussed it; i had to get my grandkids to help me out.
i dont want cookies on me and f.b. is the biggest offender and abusers of cookie's.
and i dont like being (freinds ) with people ive never met and probably never will.
i call it spy book.

carracer

I think it is one of the largest social medias available to advance our rights. It is also one of the worst regarding privacy. Difficult to have it both ways.

I have a facebook account, but, don't subscribe to any of the stuff that "shares" my info such as the games, birthday calendars etc. I share stuff from the gun groups I frequent with my regular "friends" and have been surprised how many actually give back a positive response.

I think the more positive exposure we have the better our fight for rights will be. We will not sway the hardcore antis but may sway some of the fence sitters and the ones that just don't care.

MNMGoneShooting

I'm proud to say I've been Facebook free since New Year's Eve, right as the ball dropped. Before that, I used an alias. I've tried several times in the past to quit, but it was tough to let go. Its not every day you get to see all your female coworkers sporting their favorite bikini.

This time around, it hasn't been missed... But my email queries for additional bikini shots has been left unanswered.

sharkey

This is false.

All of my friends pro-gun comments come through loud and clear.

What is with all the disinformation lately?

BOA refusing to allow firearm related purchases.
Walmart stops selling ammo
FB blocking pro gun posts.

These threads are making our members look stupid.

KTCerberus

Probably due to flaming or posting in improper locations.

I'm a member on several liberal FB groups (because I am a liberal) and my posts even there are still fine. If they get removed its due to being reported by FB users.

Last edited:

self preservation

This is false.

All of my friends pro-gun comments come through loud and clear.

What is with all the disinformation lately?

BOA refusing to allow firearm related purchases.
Walmart stops selling ammo
FB blocking pro gun posts.

These threads are making our members look stupid.

Not false at all (at least not the FB part) . Just because it hasn't happen to you doesn't mean that it hasn't happened to others. I sent an email the other day that had "3%er" in the message and this is what he got instead, "This message was deleted automatically because it contained content that has been flagged as abusive or marked as spam."

Jack House

What else did the message contain?

As for the thread itself, it's clearly the byproduct of that doesn't know exactly how Facebook groups function. It's possible for a Facebook group administrator to moderate comments and users, much like the forums here.

It's not Facebook deleting your comments, it's the groups. I'm not going to make guesses as to why. I've seen groups remove/block pro gun arguments before.

self preservation

What else did the message contain?

As for the thread itself, it's clearly the byproduct of that doesn't know exactly how Facebook groups function. It's possible for a Facebook group administrator to moderate comments and users, much like the forums here.

It's not Facebook deleting your comments, it's the groups. I'm not going to make guesses as to why. I've seen groups remove/block pro gun arguments before.

"I wonder how many 3%er's are just waiting" And it wasn't to a group FB page. It was between a friend and myself.