• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rudy's BBQ on Memorial Rd in OKC

Archerman99

So this morning while I was reading through the thread about the get together at Rudy's in Norman next weekend, I read that someone said the Rudy's on Memorial, just west of N. May Ave was posted with a gun buster.
Well I live about 3 miles from that location, so I just drove by there about 45 minutes ago to check it out. Sure enough, there was a gun buster on the bottom right corner of the right side door.
So I called them from the parking lot and talked to a very helpful manager named Jason.
First I asked him if his location was corporate or franchise and if he knew if the Norman store was corporate or franchise. He said both were corporate.

I told him about the get togethers the group as at the Norman store, how they are not posted and are fully aware that the members of our group are licensed and armed.
He said he didn't realize that the Norman store was not posted and he was not sure why his store was. He seems to think that the people that did all their decals and signage on their windows must have put it up because he does not remember anyone ordering the gun buster be put up.

After I told him that we have 17 people scheduled to meet at the Norman store next weekend, he was very eager to invite us to his location and will be "getting with corporate" on Monday and will get the sign taken down.

I will be following up with him on Monday to make sure it got taken down and all is good.
With that being said, I would like to show my/our support to the Memorial location and start planning a February get together at the Rudy's BBQ.

I will be happy to take point on the February meeting and make all the arrangements.
Any time Saturday or Sunday, lunch or dinner work for me and I will check their availability on Monday when I check on the sign.

Please let me know when you could be able to make it, and once I get an idea of when everyone is available, I will schedule and set the time.
Again, I know this is kind of far in advance and we are doing Rudy's this month, but I figured it would be a great way to show support to this new Memorial store.

Hope everyone's good with Rudy's two months in a row and any advice or suggestions are welcome

-Justin

donsadlerjr

That is close to my house and I can run up there any time! I would be willing to do dinner or lunch on any day. I went up there over the holiday and didn't see a sign.

Please keep me posted when it is. I would like to go and would be
Me + Wife + Son

RugerP95DC

Rudys sounds good to me, also it's not next week, it's Sunday the 27th, the Broken Arrow OC lunch at Knotty Pine BBQ is next week. The Rally at the Capital is next Saturday at noon.

I also wanted to move locations around so it is fair to people who live in different places, I want to try to have these mostly at PRO GUN places, Like Rudy's, or Soda Pop's on S. Western, going to check with Pop's in Arcadia for an upcoming one, want to spread thes out so they are rotated.

Dustin

Firemen103

I live 1 mile west of there and just had dinner there tonight,but didn't look for any sigh cause I wasn't carrying, but I will look tomorrow, I go past there all the time,and let you know.

Archerman99

Thanks for settin' me straight Dustin. Between the two meets and the rally, I just got everything confused! :confused:

Anyway, see you all on the 19th and the 27th, and the date for February coming soon!

RugerP95DC

No problem Justin, with everything that is going on right now, I constantly have to keep looking at things to make sure I keep it straight in my head LOL, or I get all mixed up:eek:

gungirl79

I live about a mile from soda pops and they have a sign stating customers and employees may be armed....I would like to get more involved with meeting up and getting to know everyone since we all share the same interest in our right to open carry :) I'm excited about the rally on the 19th.

Debra

RugerP95DC

I live about a mile from soda pops and they have a sign stating customers and employees may be armed....I would like to get more involved with meeting up and getting to know everyone since we all share the same interest in our right to open carry :) I'm excited about the rally on the 19th.

Debra

Debra, hopefully you can make the OC get toether in Norman on the 27th at 3pm, I will have membership materials with me, it is going to be a large turnout

glock27OKC

Im on board for supporting any business that allows OC. Just name time and place. As I have said before, I have OCed everyday since 11-01. I think everyone that is licensed should do it. Plus it gives me the chance for some random gun talk.:banana:

Archerman99

I called and followed up with them at lunch today. The manager I spoke with was very nice and was aware of the situation and the sign. He was not the same one I talked to on Saturday, but he said that he use to work at the Norman location and was familiar with a group of people that would come in there and we're carrying.

He said that the general manager was made aware of my phone call and the gun buster and should hear something back from his regional manager and corporate by Wednesday.

So...I will be calling back Wednesday to follow up and make sure the sign is taken down. He stated, just like the first guy I talked to did, that he will make sure this gets resolved and that he wants to make sure they get and keep our business.
So far everyone at Rudy's has been extremely friendly and helpful and I look forward to spending my money there soon!

OldCurlyWolf

Debra

Casa De Los Milagros Mexican Resturante
5111 N Classen Blvd
Oklahoma City, OK 73118

Has a sign on the front door that welcomes carriers and they have good food.:cool:

Archerman99

So after some disappointing news initially, the staff of OKOCA has stepped up and has gotten Rudy's to change their corporate policy and they will now allow open carry in any state it is legal.
This is great news and I think we will be planning a get together in March at the Memorial location.

hrdware

So after some disappointing news initially, the staff of OKOCA has stepped up and has gotten Rudy's to change their corporate policy and they will now allow open carry in any state it is legal.
This is great news and I think we will be planning a get together in March at the Memorial location.

Went and ate lunch there with a friend the day after they took their signs down...both of us were OC...no issues

Aknazer

So I'm curious now, what was their corporate policy originally?

Archerman99

So I'm curious now, what was their corporate policy originally?

Their policy WAS no firearms. The Norman store was not posted and the managers there did not know about their policy, so they always welcomed the group.
After trying to go to the Memorial store, a sign was posted and we discovered that the Norman store should have been posted. Dustin got in contact with the Vice President, and after him (the VP) saying no initially, Dustin got him to change his mind, and the policy, and they now allow carry where legal.

Last edited:

Archerman99

So when is our first outing to Rudy's on Memorial Road then? I would love to go

Don, I believe the first "official" meeting at Rudy's on Memorial will be in March.
Of course we are meeting at the Norman location next Saturday, the 27th.
There are a few ideas going around for the February meetings, I think Soda Pops has been named several times.

Then the March get together will be at Rudy's on Memorial.
If anyone would like to meet up there before then, I would strongly encourage that. I actually went up there today and talked with the manager, Josh, and personally thanked him for helping us with the matter of getting the gunbusters taken down.

I also received a gift card and a nice note from them in the mail yesterday for not being able to eat there because of the sign.
IMG_0663_zps74c9507c.jpg

Last edited: