• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GunShops..

exelci

i found this on backpage.com

back when the Gun Control Act of '68 was being debated, many firearms dealers supported it. Their thinking was that if folks had to fill out federal Form 4473 to buy guns, they would reap the income from having all sales go through dealers. In addition during the debate for "Right To Carry" in the Arizona Legislature, allowing us to carry concealed without a license, dealers like The ****** in Tucson were totally opposed to it. They made money from the training and range use for Concealed Carry License. The almighty dollar is more important to many of them than liberty.

i like the ******* i have bought multiple firearms from them, i just wanted to share this to share some Thought's on the subject. obama has us all trippin out andl making stuff up, right? or should i start shoping more online?

Last edited:

azcdlfred

In addition during the debate for "Right To Carry" in the Arizona Legislature, allowing us to carry concealed without a license, dealers like The ****** in Tucson were totally opposed to it.
Not just dealers but also instructors and sadly, many CCW permit holders.

As AzCDL was pushing for CCW reforms that made the process more accessible and less cumbersome, some of the instructors screamed loudly because the way the original scheme was set up, you had to go to state approved instructors to obtain your training. And, the permit was only good for 4 years and you had to take another class each time you renewed. For some savvy and hard working instructors it was a cash cow they didn't want to see killed.

When we pushed for Constitutional Carry, many permit holders displayed the "I got mine, you should have to get yours" attitude about CCW permits. Most of that came from transplants from states with restrictive gun laws. And some people seemed to have been drinking the state Koolaid that said it was a privilege to carry, not a right.

/rant off

Fred

Last edited: