Thread: Has John Yarmuth always been anti gun?

Has John Yarmuth always been anti gun?

There was a story on WHAS 11 that Rep yarmuth (D KY) was going to cosponsor the magazine ban. That story doesn't seem to be up anymore but I found several other videos on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=q9tSGK9taFU

says in the video that he has had an F rating from the NRA for years and has been keeping quite until now

Activist Member
    He can do so and he will not get re-elected in 2014. If they haven't learned anything from prior mistakes then they never will.

I find the current attitude coming from the Democrats in Congress quite insulting. When they begin telling the President to completely ignore the US Constitution on national television something HAS to be done.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

I just listened to Mandy Connell's interview from Thursday with John Yarmuth, where she managed to leave him stammering when she threw facts at him in place of his emotions.

He's a blithering idiot, and I hope the third district wakes up to him one of these days!

Yarmuth Sent Me an Email

Yarmuth's office sent me an email explaining how he disagrees with me on the issue of no further gun control. He stated how he felt that measures must be taken. He needs to be booted from his office.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnspecial View Post
    I just listened to Mandy Connell's interview from Thursday with John Yarmuth, where she managed to leave him stammering when she threw facts at him in place of his emotions.

He's a blithering idiot, and I hope the third district wakes up to him one of these days!

http://www.whas.com/player/?station=...l&mid=22767991

Yes, I found the podcast She should be the one in congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmhrr View Post
    http://www.whas.com/player/?station=...l&mid=22767991

Yes, I found the podcast She should be the one in congress.
    The interview with Charles Riggs(of KC3) from earlier that day is well worth a listen also.

And, yes, I agree. Mandy for congress!

Quote Originally Posted by Devin Hutchison View Post
    Care to post that?
    January 2, 2013

Dear Mr. *******,

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about additional gun control measures in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting. I appreciate hearing from you on this important matter, but respectfully disagree.

As I have stated, I agree that Americans have the right to defend themselves and their property. I believe even more fiercely that I have the right, and every child has the right, to be safe from guns without carrying a gun. That gun, by the way, is statistically far more likely to result in the injury or death of someone close to me or them, than someone bent on doing harm. Moving forward from the terrible tragedy in Newtown, CT, we must have a discussion on where we draw the line between keeping our citizens as safe as possible and pro tecting the right to bear arms. Currently, I believe that line is not drawn enough toward guaranteeing the safety of our citizens.

While we do not see eye-to-eye on this issue, I would welcome your advice and input as the debate on this topic evolves in the upcoming weeks and months. Thank you again for sharing your views. If you would like to learn more about my work in Washington and in Louisville, please visit my website at www.yarmuth.house.gov where you will find the latest news, my weekly schedule, video from hearings, and information about constituent services. You can sign up for my e-newsletter to receive periodic updates on important issues and services for your family. You can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter (@RepJohnYarmuth).

Sincerely,

John Yarmuth
    Member of Congress

Well, maybe I should have said he said, "that (the) line is not drawn enough." However, I specifically asked for him to oppose the things listed on the Sen. Feinstein's website.