• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has John Yarmuth always been anti gun?

Tmhrr

There was a story on WHAS 11 that Rep yarmuth (D KY) was going to cosponsor the magazine ban. That story doesn't seem to be up anymore but I found several other videos on youtube.

[video=youtube;q9tSGK9taFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=q9tSGK9taFU[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=q9tSGK9taFU

says in the video that he has had an F rating from the NRA for years and has been keeping quite until now

KYGlockster

Activist Member
He can do so and he will not get re-elected in 2014. If they haven't learned anything from prior mistakes then they never will.

I find the current attitude coming from the Democrats in Congress quite insulting. When they begin telling the President to completely ignore the US Constitution on national television something HAS to be done.

bunnspecial

I just listened to Mandy Connell's interview from Thursday with John Yarmuth, where she managed to leave him stammering when she threw facts at him in place of his emotions.

He's a blithering idiot, and I hope the third district wakes up to him one of these days!

jackjack

Yarmuth Sent Me an Email

Yarmuth's office sent me an email explaining how he disagrees with me on the issue of no further gun control. He stated how he felt that measures must be taken. :cuss: He needs to be booted from his office.

Tmhrr

jackjack

Care to post that?

January 2, 2013

Dear Mr. *******,

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about additional gun control measures in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting. I appreciate hearing from you on this important matter, but respectfully disagree.

As I have stated, I agree that Americans have the right to defend themselves and their property. I believe even more fiercely that I have the right, and every child has the right, to be safe from guns without carrying a gun. That gun, by the way, is statistically far more likely to result in the injury or death of someone close to me or them, than someone bent on doing harm. Moving forward from the terrible tragedy in Newtown, CT, we must have a discussion on where we draw the line between keeping our citizens as safe as possible and pro tecting the right to bear arms. Currently, I believe that line is not drawn enough toward guaranteeing the safety of our citizens.

While we do not see eye-to-eye on this issue, I would welcome your advice and input as the debate on this topic evolves in the upcoming weeks and months. Thank you again for sharing your views. If you would like to learn more about my work in Washington and in Louisville, please visit my website at www.yarmuth.house.gov where you will find the latest news, my weekly schedule, video from hearings, and information about constituent services. You can sign up for my e-newsletter to receive periodic updates on important issues and services for your family. You can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter (@RepJohnYarmuth).

Sincerely,

John Yarmuth
Member of Congress

jackjack

Well, maybe I should have said he said, "that (the) line is not drawn enough." However, I specifically asked for him to oppose the things listed on the Sen. Feinstein's website.